Initial D - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Iketani's Determination

@desmond_
I'm one of those who loved the anime and would love to check out the manga, I'm sure that even if it's not as good it's got plenty of interesting stuff left out from the anime.
I'm also one of those who really care about quality though, so I don't mind waiting and I'm looking forward to reading your version.

Fed-Kun's army
@desmond_ @VINT64 @Amplify You're right I do have an insane amount of free time since I lost my job last year. And I realize looking back that I've been a total inconsiderate smartass. So since this is important to you I'm sorry for trying to argue with you. Usually I don't act that way. I just thought it was a little crazy to attempt something with this much chapters that had already been completed. But since you're very passionate about it I can see you'll finish it through. The quality is also noticably better so I can see where there's a need for it. I've never seen the kodansha translation so I dunno how accurate it is, but if you think you can do a more accurate job than them you should definitely put it out for people to see. It's not my place to determine what's considered a waste of time to other people, and you definitely don't consider this project a waste or else you wouldn't have started it. So I'm sorry for my unnecessary behavior. There was no call for that. I don't know what compelled me to rant like that.

Group Leader
@CSmith327 Sorry to hear about your job situation. I stopped working on this project immediately after the pandemic hit because I'm a nursing major and I had to sit and think life through about a few things. My brother was at the front lines in NYC when things were getting bad, and my grandmother caught COVID at her nursing home and it put me down mentally. Thankfully, both of them are alive and well. I completely understand your POV and that doing this project can be considered a waste of time, I don't take any offense to it. There are things out there I could be doing that could be better, but I'm just a sucker for this series. In any case, water under the bridge. Shit happens, and I forgive you.

Fed-Kun's army
@desmond_ Okies, thanks for not holding it against me. My mother got it and spread it to us, but thankfully we didn't get a bad case of it and after around 3 weeks she was feeling mostly normal again. There's still some lingering effects from it (like shortness of breath and food tasting differently now) It's nice that your family members are ok. I've been interested in eventually reading this series. I'll read from your releases whenever there's a good amount of chapters out. I'd really love to play the PlayStation game they made but it's not in english :(

Dex-chan lover
I liked the look of the S13 Silvia. In the US, the closest thing was the 240SX which looked like Kenji's 180SX in the front, and Iketani's Silvia in the back, but with a different, non turbo engine.

So what some tuners used to do was, they imported the S13 front ends, with the sr20 turbo engine and all, and basically converted their 240SX into S13 Silvia's. Usually looked pretty slick.

Dex-chan lover
@CSmith327 I thought you reminded me of myself. I stull run around criticising other people if I don't like something, as you've seen already. I'm sorry about this. Let's enjoy this translation together.

Fed-Kun's army
@VINT64 S'alright, I just wasn't having a good night that day. I guess I was just looking for something that I thought was unusual to complain about. It's definitely a major undertaking tackling all these chapters. But the scan quality is a noticable improvement over the ones from several years ago. I didn't actually read them when I first commented, and that was pretty stupid of me.

Users who are viewing this thread