Inkya Gyaru demo Ikigaritai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - I Want to be the Kind of Person Who Carries a Folding Umbrella

Dex-chan lover
1st April
Translators
61W2QLGc9QL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Double-page supporter
April fools became less about harmless pranks and jokes and more about just being fucking annoying

you know what would've been good? having the chapter translated proper and just mirroring the images making it read right to left, it would've been harmless fun since it would still be readable it would just mess a little with people

Edit: I read to the end cause other comments mentioned it, I didnt bother at first because It looked like Malay to me or some other south east Asian native language. Toki pona is cool but I literally have never heard of it in my life (not even my sister knew about it and she's doing a linguistics masters degree). I feel like this joke would've landed better if it was written in sitelen pona as opposed to using the latin script alphabet since sitelen pona looks legitimately cool like the scripts of an ancient civ or elvish when done in sitelen pona, and I've checked, monospaced sitelen pona fonts exist and are free to download. Could've done the non sitelen toki pona like furigana on top of the sitelen pona words even.

As I said in another post this feels low effort even when doing a toki pona translation, I mean it's not hard as the language isn't too difficult to learn

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh no, just like last year this will be a Day with nothing but aprils fool chapters…

Dex-chan lover
Man i get it that it's kinda of a downer to see a new chapter just for it to be translated into some other language but there's no need to hate on anyone involved yeah. Cant wait for the english version tho

Man I can't believe they broke up and chose to remain friends this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread