Inside Mari

oh thanks for the tips, @Karoku. hopefully, they exist in dynasty...

i mean, this considered Yuri right?

Fed-Kun's army
It's almost good. A bit too... bleh. Also, pointless nudity. Some good ideas. Execution is lacking.

@Blue-Plum after finishing the story I wouldn't call it yuri. It might have yuri elements but ultimately this manga is a deconstruction of the body-swap genre. If you're going in expecting yuri to be its primary focus you'll be disappointed. This is a psychological mystery first and foremost. If you enjoy those I think it is worth a read.

Fed-Kun's army
After reading the whole thing on another site, I loved this a lot. My one big caveat is that the epilogue feels wrong for the story, like something imposed over what was intended. Just skip the last chapter imo. Up to that point though, this is a great story about dysphoria, disassociation, and the desire to be something else.
That epilogue seriously did Yori dirty in a way that feels completely at odds with the rest of the story, going all the way back to Mari hugging her before any identity stuff happened. The ending where Mari becomes just "Mari" again, goes back to calling her by her last name, and then distances herself? It feels completely artificial to me, like an editorial decision to make "her" "normal" for a "happy" ending, and it just ends up ringing false to everything we know about these two people.

I would’ve liked it if he didn’t start following her in the beginning, plus I thought this was a yuri so I’m disappointed

I have only read the descriptions and my hopes are high, waiting for the inevitable letdown.

Dex-chan lover
I remember bing-watching the whole 80 or so chapters in 4 or 5 hours straight. I've never seen such a disturbing manga, there's something really unsettling in the three quarters of the story. 
The plot twist is quite good too.

Ohh instead of a comedy bodyswap it's one of those psychological manga. I'll put ot off for now.

God damn i finished that in one sitting in about a few hours and holy shit definitely give it a read

Idk somehow I think this is my favorite manga, binged it all in two hours and it left me fucked up lmao

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was another one of those generic gender bender manga. This is actually more on existential horror and psychological side. Glad i picked it up again.

Dex-chan lover
What a fuckin ride it was! Best work of Oshimi Shuzo for me. It seems like another "characters swapped their bodies" manga, but holy shit! Intrigue and mystery are absolutely stunning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread