Insomniacs After School - Vol. 13 Ch. 116 - Promise Star

Dex-chan lover
I’m happy it wasn’t just a “fade to black/the next morning and assume they had sex.” instead we got a much more intimate and heart wrenching conversation.

Thank you so much for the release as always. Reading this volume it really felt like watching kids I’ve always kept an eye on grow up. Its not just bittersweet because of the anxiety of how much Isaki’s medical condition can impact her life plans and relationships, but just in general because they’re not going to be kids for much longer (at least not legally). I oddly enough empathize more with Isaki’s mom because even if everything goes perfectly she’s still going off to college away from home in a much bigger city where anything can happen and has to be responsible for maintaining her own health. Really even if her medical condition wasn’t on the table, the idea of any of them just growing up is kinda gut wrenching. I’ll cry (at least on the inside) no matter how well this ends (but it better end well).

Also kudos on the author for not leaving the outcome of the surgery as a cliffhanger. That lowkey added years to my life.

Dex-chan lover
That preview is a suspense killer, but whatever I love this regardless. Thanks to anyone who brought this to Mangadex!

Double-page supporter
Thank you soooo much for the translation man

Dex-chan lover
this shit better not have a your lie in april ending route or I will be really sad :|
I want this to continue into them raising a family and them seeing their children off to college. The last chapter will be Isaki eventually succumbing to her defective heart at 60 years old after a full and loving life and the last page of the last chapter will be Ganta, alone on a bench at the park where they spent time at during their night-time adventures.

Dex-chan lover
i dont think he's a complete asshole, but Ganta's relationship with his dad really irks me
maybe his dad is too meek and that doesnt let him be the one to start conversations, but he's literally done nothing wrong

it may be just me tho, my relationship with my dad is specially great, a lot of my male friends seems to have problems with their dads... maybe i just lucked out

Dex-chan lover
I’m happy it wasn’t just a “fade to black/the next morning and assume they had sex.” instead we got a much more intimate and heart wrenching conversation.

Thank you so much for the release as always. Reading this volume it really felt like watching kids I’ve always kept an eye on grow up. Its not just bittersweet because of the anxiety of how much Isaki’s medical condition can impact her life plans and relationships, but just in general because they’re not going to be kids for much longer (at least not legally). I oddly enough empathize more with Isaki’s mom because even if everything goes perfectly she’s still going off to college away from home in a much bigger city where anything can happen and has to be responsible for maintaining her own health. Really even if her medical condition wasn’t on the table, the idea of any of them just growing up is kinda gut wrenching. I’ll cry (at least on the inside) no matter how well this ends (but it better end well).

Also kudos on the author for not leaving the outcome of the surgery as a cliffhanger. That lowkey added years to my life.
Yeah. Unironically literally just cuddling in the same bed is MILES more intimate than literally just sex.

I'm actually glad this manga exists to push the envelope on romance manga, cause the joke in every single popular one is literally just "when SEGGS XDDD"

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad the author and probably his editor decided on not gutting people with the suspense for the next volume.

The main worry is more about whether she'll recover in time for the exams more than whether she comes out of the surgery intact, at least. And that one page of everyone being worried together helps with not automatically killing the suspense.

Also the scene with them going through paces only to end with them laying besides one another to peacefully sleep is amazing. Love it to bits.

Big thanks for the TL!

Users who are viewing this thread