Internet Explorer - Ch. 2 - Firefox

Dex-chan lover
Ah, don't mind it too much IE. From where I see it, she's about to lose the last bit of her fame, too.
Firefox became such a stuck up bitch. She was the best around. A real geek girl, but after she got popular... She fell in with the wrong crowd. Hanging and bundleing herself with all those crappy things from 3rd parties. Doing stuff and wearing extensions only a few liked and even going so fat as piercing and tattooing herself with them as an integral part of her being. Everything was just blingbling. And she got lazy and slow. She knew everything better. Thought of herself as a trendsetter and ignored her original fans.

And then Google Chrome came along and was sleeker, faster, cooler. Don't get my wrong! I believe Chrome is a backstabbing bitch. Don't know. Something about her dad rubs me the wrong way. Well. After most her new "fans" and quite some of her original fans left Firefox for that new hussy, she tried to copy her. Her style, her architecture (in some cases she did well to do so). She became a copycat. That helped a bit, but in the long run not much. The best part was, that Chrome-chan's daddy also was a paying sponsor of her.

In the end she was forced to invent herself and how she operates new. In short: She kinda did what her original geek followers told her for over a decade. Drop balast, get sleeker and faster. Embrace multi-processing and 64-bit, aso. In most cases they meant, get rid of those implemented features, nobody wanted. They knew, those earned her money, but they also dragged her down. But everything was a walk in the park for her, until that new missy showed up. In the beginning she just didn't react and then she panicked. But I digress...
What she got rid of was XUL and all addons implemented in it. In other words a major part of her identity, that was still left...I have mixed feelings about that. That tech was aged and old. When she dropped it, it looked like she didn't took real care of it for over a decade and decided to start anew with her "Quantum". As a result some of her best addons are lost. That alienated her from a lot of users. But she indeed did become faster!
Well, she had to become more nimble and quicker to stand a chance against Chrome. But those addons made her special. I'm not sure there is enough of an edge left to survive against Chrome. The last thing left are her name and some memories of her being the big thing. But those also started fade. And now she revamps her logo. ?

I became fan of her cover-idol Waterfox. She is also fast, loves privacy and play nearly all of Firefox's older songs (Addons).

Dex-chan lover
@Krowley: Aaach, you know the deal. You want to write a lighthearted comment about how firefox-chan must be a bitch, because your favorite browser's development team made one bad decision after another for nearly 10 years and you type yourself into rage about everything you remember about that ... and by mistake you create a monster. (But the Firefox-chan analogy fitted so well, it was also fun to write it.)

I wrote so much(spend so much time)...so I went, "Ahh, just post it", and posted it.😋

Dex-chan lover
You do you, Qelix. I thought it was a nice read.

IE will always have a special place in my heart.

Man, this is just depressing. Almost makes me prevent deleting internet explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread