Introvert Tsubame Wants to Change

Dex-chan lover
Can we stop equating introversion with shy, anxious and socially incompetent losers?
I‘m an introverted, socially competent winner and hate getting lumped together with those cringe emo fucks who can‘t even look you in the eye when you talk to them and talk so quietly you can‘t hear them. 🙄

Meh.

I'm sure it's hard to be a cute girl and (apparently) being smart enough to graduate at the top of her class. I'm sure her parents are wealthy too, why not.

I don't think "introvert" applies here. Being an introvert means you don't feel the need to socialize with others - you don't get any "energy" from it, or rather, it drains you (For example, after a few days at the office, I'm completely spent and need to work from home, cuz I can't deal with everyone else's nonsense). The character in this story is just... shy? But her problem feels unearned. If she were a horrid obese pig, then sure, but she seems attractive with a normal figure.

I wonder if it's a translation thing.

EDIT: Right, I tried putting the original title in Google Translate: 陰キャ な 燕 和 変わりたい translates to "I want to change because I'm a negative person." Which is something COMPLETELY different from being an introvert.

Something tells me this artist really has a thing for tights.

Proceeds to look at the titles and cover art for their other works.

...Nah, must be my imagination.

Double-page supporter
No introversion to be seen.

Negativity (as in the jp title), shyness, low self-esteem, unsociability, anxiety or depression, sure.

"I want to change from being an introvert", said no one ever. It's like saying "I want to like movies instead of books". People who prefer books aren't missing out and therefore unhappy and miserable compared to movie lovers. People that enjoy partying and dancing on tables aren't living a more fullfilling life than those who like spending their evening alone at home or with a few friends playing board games.

Don't translate the title into something different and, most importantly, inaccurate.

Fed-Kun's army
Something tells me this artist really has a thing for tights.

Proceeds to look at the titles and cover art for their other works.

...Nah, must be my imagination.
My guy, he's literally the tights man of mangas. He's also ultra-based for it.

Users who are viewing this thread