Iron Ladies - Ch. 79 - Sniper Battle

"Her man" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Airhead level MAX
uHNCqwF.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@screamdoom even then, the amount of heat that would have to be produced to go that far would be unbelievable. AND the magnetic field would ruin that entire building. The recoil would knock him, AT LEAST, 200 M in the opposite direction.

Can you guys stop being armchair internet physicist? Stop applying today's tech and knowledge to a work of fiction FAR in the future which is also taking place on an entirely different planet.

Thanks for the uploads allen, and I'm glad you got your dumplings. I wonder what's going to happen in the coming chapters after that live TV confession.

Dex-chan lover
LOL! The whole world just witnessed her confess that Mu Siyun is her man! ? Savage!

@LayZzz, but he might not be able to translate chapters while making the dumplings.

@AbyssalMonkey, at least check your numbers before posting, the shot is 800 KM not 800,000 (or 800000 depending on how you write things), and Earth's circumference is about 40 thousand KM... and by the way, KM means Kilometer/Kilometre, someone else can translate to miles if needed.

Fed-Kun's army
@Maala In order for the sniper to accurately hit moving targets, there must be either a source of consistent propulsion and direction, or there must be a shot-impact delay of 2, 3 seconds maximum. Any solid projectile round fired that would accomplish that kind of travel time over 800 kilometers would leave a fucking plasma trail dozens of meters wide as it friction-flash-plasma'd the atmosphere in its passing.

If the sniper is using some odd means to redirect the bullet, I kind of expect that to be mentioned, if not explained at some point.

The point I'm trying to get at is not that its impossible because current development doesn't allow it; I'm trying to say that all the information we have makes this scene impossible. The author has a responsibility to explain him/herself. If the author doesn't give the audience an adequate, feasible explanation for why this nonsense is happening, if the author does not take the necessary measures to make the story understandable to the audience, then this isn't a story anymore: it's just one guy shitposting.

Fed-Kun's army
@AngleBoi7 @AbyssalMonkey Assuming that all terrain is flat, such as in the middle of a calm Pacific Ocean, Earth has a maximum horizon of around 12 kilometers IIRC. That is the maximum distance you can see before the curvature of the earth itself blocks your vision.

If you're standing on top of Mount Everest, your horizon is about 370 kilometers. Mount Everest is tall enough that it exceeds the limits of the lower atmosphere.

Double-page supporter
@ninjadork, Well, the MC kinda lampshades the whole deal with how ridiculous it is. And let's be honest, not wasting effort to explain how a sniping from 800km works when the author is like already planned to end this sniping battle at the very next chapter is the right thing to do.

Fed-Kun's army
@Haremmony which brings it back to the author shitposting, but if the story's moving on to a less flagrantly silly section, I'm content to drop it.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork i think most people realize that a 800 km sniper is completely ridiculous, but then again, in this series they're constantly taking over planets in a single battle so I guess everything is ridiculous. I just think of it like DBZ where they can destroy planets in a single punch.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't even want to get involved into the stupid "is 800km shot possible" debate, but people. Railguns don't produce recoil. Read what you write before you send it.

Dex-chan lover
For anyone just now seeing this page, that 800 km has kicked up dust because, despite this being fantasy, this manhwa has established that there is some grounded basis in reality. So, for most of us, you can't break that just to tell a "compelling" story.

Now, if it was a multistage bullet that launched from a massive gun and was satellite guided, no one would have a problem.... most of us wouldn't have a problem.

So the snipers r at south, north, north east, north west, and south east. I hope I got it right.

Users who are viewing this thread