Iron Ladies: Saint Tooka

Power Uploader
@BrokenUmarXD
I currently only have access to the first 3 chapters. I would need to pay for a monthly VIP membership to access the remaining 11. I'm also not sure if I the image files will be stored or encrypted differently when they're VIP only.

How can you give one star reviews when only one chapter is released? Are people just mass one-star reporting

Power Uploader
@Odious
A lot of people are doing that to Chinese manhua simply because they don't like China and anything Chinese. Whether it's due to their personal reasons, Covid, or whatnot.
This wouldn't happen nearly as much if this it's Japanese or Korean.

Dex-chan lover
This one is objectively bad. Silly story and art quality is barely ok.
@allenallenallen333 People downvote Chinese stuff not because muh racism, but because Chinese manhua adaptations are terrible. They are soulless, the art is bad, wuxia/xianxia/xuanhuan stories are repeatable and even more brainless than isekai. I still remember how they massacred my boy Release That Witch and turned it into some stupid weeb-styled comic for kids.
Take any story, even a decent one, it's going to be lamely adapted with 99% chance.

Power Uploader
@vodkavodka
There are comments scattered across Chinese manhua on Mangadex where they say something along the lines of "This looks interesting until I saw the Chinese flag. 1/10".
And this isn't an adaptation. It's an original story.

Such a shame to see the effect of red scare 2.0 even on a niche intrest like fan-scanlations. Quite sad that some can't even read a manhua without being blinded by the ideological filter.

Dex-chan lover
@allenallenallen333
This looks interesting until I saw the Chinese flag. 1/10
I've never seen it before, but I agree it's stupid, I won't argue with that. It's weird if you refuse to enjoy something just because Reddit or whatever told you so.
It's an original story.
Doesn't matter much, the author of the script is still different from the artist. Usually it's a recipe for success, but Chinese manhua market is underdeveloped to take advantage of this. Probably because China has a huge population that removes the need to compete in quality. Someday I expect it (the market) to mature both story-wise and art-wise, but now it can't even compare with Korea (in quality). Most of what Chinese story authors produce is OK, but Chinese artists fail to convey and depict it properly.

I still remember how they massacred my boy Release That Witch and turned it into some stupid weeb-styled comic for kids.
Please don't remind me of what they did to Lord of mysteries please 😭

Users who are viewing this thread