Is it Normal to Raise a Yandere Heroine as a Villainess ?! - Ch. 21 - Xiao Yang's Gaze

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand how can PBMMV show the kiss while other yuri manwhas censor it... Aren't they all in Bilibili?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand how can PBMMV show the kiss while other yuri manwhas censor it... Aren't they all in Bilibili?
It's at both the artists and the publishers discretion tbh, it's easy to forget that "drawing gay cartoons" doesn't make you a ton of friends in a conservative society lol. There might be no one "requiring" the censor at all, and it's just a decision to keep the boomers higher up from crying.

Lily Club is also Bilibilis in-house publisher for GL series specifically, so whatever rules may apply to a Lily Club publication like this may not apply to PBMMV, which was not published under them, even if the parent publisher of both was "technically" Bilibili. Does it make sense? Not to me, but it's why you can have a chaste kiss blocked in one series and straight up deep kisses with hickies and breast play being allowed in another (Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao)

Dex-chan lover
Struggling to decide on whether to pretend to be okay with it or not to immediately kissing her in front of like three other people, Dew's got balls

Supporter
It's at both the artists and the publishers discretion tbh, it's easy to forget that "drawing gay cartoons" doesn't make you a ton of friends in a conservative society lol. There might be no one "requiring" the censor at all, and it's just a decision to keep the boomers higher up from crying.

Lily Club is also Bilibilis in-house publisher for GL series specifically, so whatever rules may apply to a Lily Club publication like this may not apply to PBMMV, which was not published under them, even if the parent publisher of both was "technically" Bilibili. Does it make sense? Not to me, but it's why you can have a chaste kiss blocked in one series and straight up deep kisses with hickies and breast play being allowed in another (Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao)
Wait, what? Deep kisses, hickies ,and breast play? I need to take that off my backlog immediately!

Ahem . . .

This kind of thing has always been a real mess, and it's not just places like China. It wasn't that long ago that PB and Marceline kissing in the Adventure Time finale was a Big Thing(tm), and it wasn't that long ago that gay/lesbian kisses in "prime time" TV shows were completely absent, even though there were no laws or even guidelines anywhere - those decisions were all made by the producers and executives involved, and any time the decision making was documented it all came down to money, generally the fear of not making as much as they wanted to. I suspect everywhere it ultimately comes down to a balance sheet in some bean counter executive's head, trading off the extra revenue from the positive reactions against the lost revenue from the outrage - all the artistic and cultural and even legal questions are down in the noise . . .

Users who are viewing this thread