Is it Normal to Raise a Yandere Heroine as a Villainess ?! - Ch. 27 - Showing Xiao Yang What Kind of Like I Mean

Dex-chan lover
I found this recently. I am really enjoying the whole dynamic between Xiao Yang, unlike most of these protagonists, trying to do the right thing and not get involved with someone much younger and more naive than her; yet the person in question is actually much older and much more socially skilled than her (since Xiao Yang spent most of her time in cultivation).

Some people have commented in past threads about the background world seeming less interesting and fleshed out, as well as whether that impacts enjoyment of a more character driven story. Initially I did think this story would be boring and had to convince myself to give it a try a second time, but now I am kind of wondering whether this is intentional. It seems like neither of the MCs actually care that much about the world setting either and just view it as a proxy for their goals, with both of them having a sense of unreality for different reasons.

This leaves space for a lot of the kind of craziness and comedy we've been seeing thus far. If we were too invested in the side characters then Calamity (I am going to call Stardew that) blackmailing the side characters and the like could be more disturbing than entertaining or comedic.

Possibly it's too early to tell and the setting could become a detriment later instead of becoming plot fuel, but so far I'm pretty hopeful about this one.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
3lz4oq.jpg

Dex-chan lover
“Win her wife’s heart”
I think you mean
“Cure my wife of useless lesbian’s disease”
Ignoring the part where "useless lesbian" has become a cringe thing that it seems only non lesbians even say anymore, I feel like isekai protags who believe they literally need to restore a specific world state don't qualify.

She's a twice reincarnated person who is clumsily aware of her budding attraction but is prioritizing what she believes her mission to be, even lamenting that completing her mission will likely put Dew in some rando male leads arms. That's literally just the "but we can't" portion of a basic Romance story beat. Meet Cute, Attraction, first barrier to getting together<- we are here.

Buddha knows why when it's a GL series this warrants being called a borderline slur. In real life coming to terms with same sex attraction can often be the most confusing thing in the world. Taking too long to accept "yes, I CAN like other girls and yes what om feeling for this person is attraction" is the standard, it doesn't make one a useless anything, but especially not a lesbian, the sexuality between the gender that socially normalized skinship and excessive affection with each other. It's just so insane to call that reasonable apprehension to dive in as being useless.

Users who are viewing this thread