Is there a harem manga out there that has two or more of the girls who love each other? Aside from 100 girlfriends.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, so I'm curious if there's a manga out there that has lesbians included in the harem. It wouldn't matter when exactly have they found out that they're lesbians. In 100 girlfriends, it's heavily implied that each girl lust for each other, but nothing conclusive like Hakari and Karane, who actually do make out with each other lmao. To date, it's only 100 girlfriends that I've seen that dynamic and I'm curious if there's anything else. Thanks~~~

The Manga hasn’t got there yet but at least in the LN version of life in an otome game is tough for mobs it’s pretty blatant that while they both still love MC and are frustrated at his lack of putting the moves on them the first two girls have started their own relationship.

On screen there’s a kiss scene and later someone visiting one of their rooms sees signs the other has been spending her nights there. Additionally there’s a bit where they and another girl get mentally linked up and she realizes if not for MC these two would have no interest in men.

Dex-chan lover
yup, I definitely feel that the Mobuseka manga depicts more of the yuri compared to what I feel in the LN.
and the LN already has that gradual yuri vibe

though I haven't got the time to continue reading the LN
and the last LN just arrived yesterday

the rest are just erotic manga where the girls are just being horny

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Negima have a yuri relationship between two main girl (setsuna and konoka), but it wasn't really explicited confirmed, just so blatant that denying it is a form of denial.

Something like that was hinted at the start of Hajimete No Gal, but i've put the manga on hold two years ago, so i can't say if it concluded.

I'm surprised it's uncommon. I didn't read a lots of harem manga, but the few i have had that kind of side-relationship, negima and hajimete no gal included.

Dex-chan lover
If we're talking about girls belonging to the main harem, normally one of the girls that has a crush on one of the main ones (or shows a lot of yuri openings) so it starts as a rivalry with the protagonist but somehow ends attracted to him. It's normally one-sided, but you can find it on old series such as Bakemonogatari, Haganai (outside the main harem there's also a yuri harem), Oreigaru or Nisekoi, to name some but few. If we're talking about a romcom but yuri, then of course you're going to see plenty, the most prominent is Which One Is Love? And finally, if we point towards comedy series, then you have both Temple and Grand Blue (same artist but different author, the latter is the best), Yuna and the Haunted Hotsprings also has yuri vibes from some characters, series with gyarus included sometimes are bi (not the case of Dress-up Darling, but that gyaru loses control with the legal loli), but it's hard trying to recall all of them. Outside romcom it's easier to find side yuri couples, under Seinen and Josei tags. But if you want to see yuri... just get out of straight romcoms and read actual yuri, it's for the best.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, so I'm curious if there's a manga out there that has lesbians included in the harem. It wouldn't matter when exactly have they found out that they're lesbians. In 100 girlfriends, it's heavily implied that each girl lust for each other, but nothing conclusive like Hakari and Karane, who actually do make out with each other lmao. To date, it's only 100 girlfriends that I've seen that dynamic and I'm curious if there's anything else. Thanks~~~
I'm afraid that in this case they are bisexual. Otherwise, it simply won’t make sense for two lesbians to be in some guy’s harem.
If we're talking about girls belonging to the main harem, normally one of the girls that has a crush on one of the main ones (or shows a lot of yuri openings) so it starts as a rivalry with the protagonist but somehow ends attracted to him. It's normally one-sided, but you can find it on old series such as Bakemonogatari, Haganai (outside the main harem there's also a yuri harem), Oreigaru or Nisekoi, to name some but few. If we're talking about a romcom but yuri, then of course you're going to see plenty, the most prominent is Which One Is Love? And finally, if we point towards comedy series, then you have both Temple and Grand Blue (same artist but different author, the latter is the best), Yuna and the Haunted Hotsprings also has yuri vibes from some characters, series with gyarus included sometimes are bi (not the case of Dress-up Darling, but that gyaru loses control with the legal loli), but it's hard trying to recall all of them. Outside romcom it's easier to find side yuri couples, under Seinen and Josei tags. But if you want to see yuri... just get out of straight romcoms and read actual yuri, it's for the best.
With this logic you can call any ecchi romcom for that because yuri bait/yuri vibes are part of their appeal to the target audience. For example, the author of Haganai loves yuri and therefore systematically jokes about yuri tension in girl rivalry, and Bakemonogatari has always been open about yuri fanservice. But this is far from a full-fledged bisexual relationship. I also don't understand why people here confuse objective relationships and token yuri girls. As if "hey, I'm in love with one of the harem girls" characters hasn't been there in years.

Although I haven't seen people take "yuri" in Oregairu unironically for a long time, lol. But yes, if you want real yuri, it's easier to read yuri rather than look for it in the most extraneous places. Although jokes aside, yuri with similar straight couples and objective bisexual characters (not just a cheap bat and switch) are not as rare as it would seem.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Negima have a yuri relationship between two main girl (setsuna and konoka), but it wasn't really explicited confirmed, just so blatant that denying it is a form of denial.

Something like that was hinted at the start of Hajimete No Gal, but i've put the manga on hold two years ago, so i can't say if it concluded.

I'm surprised it's uncommon. I didn't read a lots of harem manga, but the few i have had that kind of side-relationship, negima and hajimete no gal included.
They literally have their own kids in the sequel lmao.
Although further story confuses this even more.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it is yuri bait in most cases, if not to say that they have no other love interests. I am sure that he was just asking for those kind of shippings, jokes and ultimately fan service. The trained eye can see yuri everywhere though. But yes, everything revolves about getting more people to read and reduce the boredom of the standard romcom/shonen series.

Dex-chan lover
If we forget that many men, especially self-insert rom-com readers, often see lesbian relationships as safe, eternal but hot virginity, then many harems simply use "I will love you forever" as damage control when the MC chooses one girl. Why do you thing, so many losing girls in harems say this? But unless we're talking about actual works with yuri subcouples like the aforementioned Negima, writers of regular or reverse harems often build tension and chemistry between the boys and girls so that shippers can ship them without really affecting the work. This is common in Asian media.

Remember Rosario + Vampire, where the two girls became "super best friends" at the end, still loved the MC forever and wanted to get pregnant by him in a parallel reality. However, what to expect from a manga where one of the girls in the harem canonically wants all the other girls in it.

"Fatigue" from shonen/romcoms is mostly a Western idea, Japanese audiences care about it even more than "who can beat Goku" kids, since for obvious reasons, waifus and hasubendos are much more serious business there. Not to mention all-female/all-male franchises. But that's a topic for another conversation.

Dex-chan lover
There was a oneshot where the two losing girls (out of a harem of 3) are strongly implied to end up in a relationship after a trip to vent.

Dex-chan lover

Didn't UQ holder retcon that? Like Negi is with all the girls at the end of that story.

Users who are viewing this thread