Isekai Apocalypse MYNOGHRA ~The Conquest of the World Starts With the Civilization of Ruin~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.1 - The Witch

Double-page supporter
@D2 The 3-month rule itself was never explicitly stated or enforced anywhere. It just kind of arose as a code of conduct among scanlators back in the early days of scanlating. That and the wait period for picking up a series after another group drops it, before the first-come-first-served free-for-all. I might sound old, but those were times when groups had mutual respect for each other. Not something I see often with new groups considering all the snipes and crap that's plagued the industry in relatively recent times.

Thing is, any attempt to enforce a rule system would make the industry seem "official," potentially bringing the long arm of the copyright law down from the actual official sources. Keeping things unofficial and implied and just hoping that we don't start going at each other's throats is the safest way to go. People seem to be more selfish these days though, too much for any code of conduct to have any effect.

I agree though that going by the number of chapters over a fixed amount of time would be a better idea.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
One of these days, someone is going to make a group named "Snipe So That You Translate Translations" or something. Then they will go around sniping stories that have no updates after a certain time period just to get things moving. 😅

(We already have "Pick This Up PLS Scans" for dropped titles so I don't see why not.)

Dex-chan lover
@Nep people already did that on multiple occasions to various degrees of success.

I have nothing against Galaxy as I do read and enjoy a lot of their scans, but I've noticed them getting sniped more lately. They upload often and are clearly working hard, but perhaps pick up more series than they can handle.

Nooooooooo!!! I thought a bunch of chapters was there and that was not the case 😖! But thanks anyway for the release and good luck.

Dex-chan lover
@Andromeada of course they are gona get sniped, the chapter that got released right now was already out 2 months ago, like I'm all for good translations and stuff but if some group takes way too long to release a translated ch then expect to get sniped lmao, seriously tho it could also be that they rather just hoard the translated chapters to release them all in 1 big batch which depending on the series could be better but I still stand with the expect to get snipped statement

Double-page supporter
@bosbarret The latter group. But if one more month had passed without a release from Galaxy Dengen, then the series would've free to take by other groups. But like I keep saying on this thread and many others, nobody respects the gentleman's code of scanlation conduct anymore.

Based snipers lighting a fire up these lazy scanlators asses. Please snipe more its a good series.

Dex-chan lover
Very nice to see an update.

I'm not sure how this negotiation will go. I can't really see them turning back peacefully, well rather, even if they turned back peacefully, they would come back with a larger army. I don't think they would accept an evil aligned country to simply grow and trust their word that they have no aggressive intentions towards others. The mercenaries and holy knights also cannot simply be dealt with - after all if they do not return it will be proof that they encountered something dangerous in the forest and will just prompt a larger army to come investigate.

Dex-chan lover
@FullDiver yeah it's quite sad that this is how the scanlation business nowadays.

is it safe to point fingers on WW because of the massive TL they've done with all the sponsored chapters shenanigans? and other groups trying to do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread