Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi - Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
svek8sM.png

That's a flag.
Even Hiiro left Muir for 6 months, so probably the same.

Dex-chan lover
Flat earth is actually recent... Ancient Greeks already figured out that the Earth was a globe
more recent than you can even imagine.
The Romantics misread the old medieval projections with Jerusalem at the center as "flat pancake with sea all around", which got elevated to "everyone knows medieval people thought.." in Victorian times because Victorians/Edwardians were snooty bastards who were convinced of their own superiority in...well.. everything.

But at least actual scholars knew that this actually never was the case. Shame that it got taught as Canon in most schools because the strange fetish with the "Glory of the Noble Roman/Greek civilisation" of the 18th/19thC, as opposed to the Horribly Misguided Catholic Fetish of the Unwashed Barbaric Medieval Era.
Just goes to show that most people with that particular conviction never really read what the actual Romans and Greeks wrote, and how their mores actually were.
They make Stalin, or his contemporary austrian wannabe artiste with the funny moustache look like rank amateurs.

The current Flat-Earth nonsense didn't really take off until the late 1960's/early 1970's, and used to be hip-to-hip with worthies like Creationists.
Both slipped into tinfoil-hat territory when DNA-as-elementary-hereditary-pathway and Piccies from actual space proved the nutcases unequivocally wrong in their "Opinion" roughly at the same time.
Some people react really funny when facts prove them wrong.

I don't know man, the last chapters seems kinda sus lately. I think there's an imposter among us.

Dex-chan lover
I
Probably a hologram or something.
My money is on spirits. More than one series has had the dead fool the main cast with illusions of pristine environments; only only for it all to fade away to reveal the skeletons in a corner, and rest of the place in crumbling ruins.

something about this whole thing seems fishy... there is probably something weird going on with the people there

Dex-chan lover
It's a path with wide wheel tracks by something not pulled by humans or animals. Looks weird with all the grass around it.

At least it said people in "ancient" times imagined the world as flat.

Generally, any taste is transient in your mouth. Once you get used to it, the taste fades.

They didn't think to try to have her open it again until she mentioned it? I thought that would've been their first idea.

His first words sound suspicious.

That's a flag.
I thought the same, but gave it a pass since the series is kind of chill. Could go either way.

Flat earth is actually recent... Ancient Greeks already figured out that the Earth was a globe
What I wonder if people thought the world was flat if you go back much further than that. Like before ancient Egypt.

Dex-chan lover
My first thought was that they were cannibals. You know, closed environment, no visible source of food or water (unless they eat the grass), suspiciously eager to welcome travelers. Next thing, they'll get drugged in a banquet, but maybe that's just me.
That'd make way more sense if you didn't have to survive the other travelling island to reach here xD
Usually the stories with those kind of cannibals at least can procure some kind of flow of travelers, even if scarce.
Unless the key i guess would be in staying on the beach where there's less risk, reaching this island, and as the stories tell, never come back :wtf:

Dex-chan lover
probably some illusion magic?, also goddamn I forgot how HUGE she was

Dex-chan lover
Flat earth also is a fake religion, because they failed to look at the actual science of the planet. They need to be jailed for misinformation.

Dex-chan lover
It's a path with wide wheel tracks by something not pulled by humans or animals. Looks weird with all the grass around it.

At least it said people in "ancient" times imagined the world as flat.

Generally, any taste is transient in your mouth. Once you get used to it, the taste fades.

They didn't think to try to have her open it again until she mentioned it? I thought that would've been their first idea.

His first words sound suspicious.

I thought the same, but gave it a pass since the series is kind of chill. Could go either way.

What I wonder if people thought the world was flat if you go back much further than that. Like before ancient Egypt.
Even ancient Egypt would laugh at the proposition of a flat 🌎. They made spheroids after all.

Dex-chan lover
Even ancient Egypt would laugh at the proposition of a flat 🌎. They made spheroids after all.
That's exactly why I said before ancient Egypt. But we don't have much knowledge about the people who lived before those eras, since then we're well into prehistory.

Users who are viewing this thread