Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi

@macarroiz Isekai ryouridou is a fantastic story with the exact three themes you listed. The manga isn't that good, but the novel is really good in attempting to build a society that is different from 99.9% of the societies in generic "isekai" manga.

And yes, there is no other good manga/novel I'm aware of that focuses on cooking and "isekai", simply because it doesn't work.
That's because "isekai" is based mostly on game settings rather than a classic fantasy setting like e.g. "Ima,soko ni iru boku" or "Märchen awakens romance"(or MÄR for short).

The manga Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi is worth at best 1 star in its current format, it keeps feeding the protagonist the right monsters at the right time to learn the right abilities so he can survive without the need to run away. These stories are boring, it just escalates into becoming a hyper-inflated power fantasy with the same settings and scheming we all know and hate with a passion.
In many cases there isn't even some sort of traditional "road block" we know from JRPGs that requires the protagonist to focus on something else for the time being, it's straight out running from quest to quest until it's either axed or completed once the author gets bored or the novel stops selling.

I don't expect The Lord of the rings when reading some of these novels, but the quality is so bad you might think it's actually one of these rom-coms or moe stories that are also frequent in the novel market.

Aggregator gang
Was fairly interesting early on but as the formula rinsed and repeated it got pretty long in the tooth while falling into typical manga tropes, isekai tropes, and food themed manga tropes in various measures. It really does try at times, world building and characters other than the main one all hint at having greater depth and story to be unfolded but going from a serious moment with one of them to FOOOOOOD mode is jarring while the MC continuously powers up but never grows as a character.

Dex-chan lover
Was fairly interesting early on but as the formula rinsed and repeated it got pretty long in the tooth while falling into typical manga tropes, isekai tropes, and food themed manga tropes in various measures. It really does try at times, world building and characters other than the main one all hint at having greater depth and story to be unfolded but going from a serious moment with one of them to FOOOOOOD mode is jarring while the MC continuously powers up but never grows as a character.
Reading this made me reali?e in another world with my smartphone is more bearable.

Dex-chan lover
They should introduce mystery bacon, iguana bits, and long pork and "soy**** greens" to the ingredients for "dark craving".

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of hard to tell if this manga will escalate through the whole thing, or get an abrupt end like another adventure manga with the same concept (supported by trivia) got axed for: stopped escalating. There's just a limited amount of things that trivia can show is all. Nonetheless, I think it's a decent read. On a side note, I never knew the harem tag could be found without a romance tag with it.
You mean Takarakuji 40-oku attandakedo? Didn't know it got axed last year. Since it was stopped since Feb 2022...

Dex-chan lover
Got to the mid 30s in chapters, the "danger zones" are extremely easy to overcome and idk what all the other adventurers have been doing so far. Plot seems ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread