Isekai Craft Gurashi ~Jiyuu Kimama na Seisan Shoku no Honobono Slow Life~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1

He made that statement like it was a compliment but isn't it lowkey sexist? Like sugesting that women in power, looked up to, or respected as a peer, is rare and unusual.

I was so damn confused as to why she just pretended he didn't say something highkey sexist there. Why did she blush at the compliment sandwiching the sexism instead of getting rightfully offended that he was being weird about it??

Dex-chan lover
He made that statement like it was a compliment but isn't it lowkey sexist? Like sugesting that women in power, looked up to, or respected as a peer, is rare and unusual.
He also implied she's a child, since there's no reason for adults to not respect other adults, regardless of gender. I can't tell how old she's supposed to be. I'm not sure if his comment separated that from her being female, but the translation makes it sound like it.

It might be rare from his perspective, which would be a modern Japanese perspective, or possibly his idea of what the game world is like. But he's also not saying it as if it's weird, which would be quite a bit bigger of a red flag.

Still, weird comment. I wouldn't excuse it. Just judge him. Silently. Menacingly.

Why did she blush at the compliment sandwiching the sexism instead of getting rightfully offended that he was being weird about it??
I got the impression that once she heard something that sounded like a compliment (and that's what he meant it to be) her brain shut down because she got flustered.

Also, contrary to Twitter belief, people don't always fly into a rage at the slightest provocation.

Dex-chan lover
I was so damn confused as to why she just pretended he didn't say something highkey sexist there. Why did she blush at the compliment sandwiching the sexism instead of getting rightfully offended that he was being weird about it??

Because Japan. That whole "it can't be helped" mentality partially means just not outwardly reacting to offense, slights, or inappropriateness. And they are still somewhat conservative and behind the times when it comes to sexism and gender equality. I mean Office Ladies are still a thing. A dead-end career track designed entirely on the idea that cute girls should enter the workforce as glorified secretaries and go-fers just long enough to bag a talented, upwardly mobile husband (like a manager and not some schlub cubicle jockey salaryman) so they can retire and become a housewife because that's "a woman's joy" (actual words I've seen used in multiple manga. Not that manga are 100% accurate representations of real life, but those ideas have to come from somewhere)

Meanwhile I'm marveling at how rough and kinda shoddy this art seems and how bland and unrefined the plot is. For a work with an 8.45 rating as I write this, it's gonna have to really step up its game because this is thoroughly mid/lazy junk at this point.

Dex-chan lover
personally feels like it's just because how young she looked like compared to the other one (with him referring that guy with veteran aura) and happened to babble much more than he should've

Dex-chan lover
– Oh look I have no ID and no money but I helped you distract the bandits so you will help me right? :meguu:
– Yeah, sure. Here's 5 bronze coins. Ah, but you have to give it back to me. And here's a leash so you won't run away from paying me.:boomer:
– u w0t.:fml::aquadrink:

I understand he's a sexist fuck but please just give up 5 bronze coins. Like a night at an inn is literally 5 silver coins! It's more trouble to keep remembering it than worth it.

None of those two characters seem likeable for me...

Dex-chan lover
– Oh look I have no ID and no money but I helped you distract the bandits so you will help me right? :meguu:
– Yeah, sure. Here's 5 bronze coins. Ah, but you have to give it back to me. And here's a leash so you won't run away from paying me.:boomer:
– u w0t.:fml::aquadrink:

I understand he's a sexist fuck but please just give up 5 bronze coins. Like a night at an inn is literally 5 silver coins! It's more trouble to keep remembering it than worth it.

None of those two characters seem likeable for me...
Conversely, I actually think she was logical. The fact that she wasn't blindly trust him made it refreshing.
They only just met recently, so she doesn't know yet fully what kind of person he is. Not having an ID made him even more suspicious.
As someone who enabled him to get into the town, she will be held responsible if he's involved in a crime or something.

Also, it wasn't just 5 copper coins. He was totally broke, so he won't be able to do anything once he's inside the town. She gave him extra so he can properly set base there (which was enough for a night at an inn that costs 5 silver as mentioned in the next part). It seems like she gave him 2 or 3 golds at least.

And you're exaggerating calling it a leash. She told him to register as an adventurer, which gave him an ID. Again, this helped him set base in the town. And the tracking is just part of how adventurer guild works.

Instead of giving him a fish, she helped him became a fisherman.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who enabled him to get into the town, she will be held responsible if he's involved in a crime or something.
He could literally steal 5 copper coins from somebody on the road and get in anyway. So much for responsibility of letting him in.

It seems like she gave him 2 or 3 golds at least.
Yes but it wasn't told before.
Still if a single night at an inn is 5 silver, it must mean she's likely earning more than 1 or 2 gold per day.
Taking example of a request single request from a next chapter (please forgive me but it's not a big spoiler).
It's likely she meant to complete it in a few (2-3?) days.
45 gold per request for two people with no bonuses and she was reluctant to take it so it's highly likely not that good of a reward or just bothersome.
So expecting that reward, 2 gold coins would be like 20-25% of her daily rewards or a single night at an inn with hot spring...
True that it's a little much for her earnings, but considering HER -an adventurer- involving HIM -a simple civilian- in a conflict between armed adventurers and bandits. A conflict he will gain nothing from being involved in, because they most likely got their rewards for protecting the carriage but not him, then she could give him 2 or 3 gold coins for nuisance or endangering his life.

Also he wears quite expensive piece of equipment but has no money. It wouldn't hurt to get on better terms with him, right?
But he could be secretly holding a grudge against her and she has no way of knowing this.
And when she finds out he earns money easily thanks to cheat skills, so if she wants to stay with him in a party.
So if he held a secret grudge then her negotiating position after borrowing money expecting him to pay back would be lower than after admitting the blame and sharing a part of the reward money as a way to apologize.
She won him over only becauee she's a cute girl. If it was an older slightly annoying drinking guy who declared wanting to keep this party going, the result would be way too obvious and we as the readers would end up hating the guy who wants to keep mooching money off him. :aquadrink:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder if what he said was supposed to be that he "didn't expect the leader to be such a young girl." with his surprise being at her age rather than gender.

Users who are viewing this thread