Isekai de Café wo Kaiten Shimashita - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw thanks for the chapter!!

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 I mean i know that's what the trope is called but honestly that phrasing has always bothered me. Whether it's made up of men or women a harem is still a harem, nothing reverse about it. Still you are right, a harem begins.

Dex-chan lover
You better not, dude. A knight serves the people, a cook serves them equally.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath tru dat.

but also, most if not all of the early day harem is made for men. with 1 emperor/king/pharaoh/shogun having many, many wives/concubine/lover.

in fact, according to dictionary, harem is :

1. (in former times) the separate part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants.
2. the women occupying a harem; the wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man.
3. a group of female animals sharing a single mate.

DEROGATORY
1. a group of women perceived as centring around a particular man.

so....... reverse-harem is the right word :)

alu

Dex-chan lover
Isn't this somewhat dangerous?
I mean, they are going to serve this dishes to the delegates of another country.
This dishes could incite an invasion.

Am I the only one who feels like these types of cooking series get ruined when they try to make it seem like Europeans are fucking retards? No butter, seriously? Not knowing you can put milk in soup? Thinking that the most skilled chefs in the country would serve a bad tasting dish to nobility? This shits just dumb, they should of stuck to the cafe angle.

"hurrdurr the royal chefs just throw pumpkins into salt water, boil it, and call it a meal" get the fuck out of here

Dex-chan lover
@ForcedFun it is kind of stupid, but at least they don't act like Japanese food is the best thing ever like I've seen in some other manga. Plus, I don't really think that this counts as a jab to Europeans since most of the dishes she cooks are European.

Double-page supporter
@ForcedFun
I can agree on that with other series but this' whole premise is that the food is gross. The premise wouldn't make much sense if the royal chefs could make proper food since ALL the food is supposed to be gross, not just what commoners eat.
It's not that they're serving bad tasting stuff, it's that everyone thinks that's the good stuff because they never had any real good stuff.

About the butter and milk stuff...okay, that's retarded alright but not the worst offenders in manga. Not even by a long shot.

Fed-Kun's army
So because milk only comes from a coconut-like plant, they never made butter and cheese.

Googled coconut butter: puree coconut meat in a blender (probably what she's using).

Googled coconut cheese and found vegan cheese: plant milk, plant oil, yeast, salt, agar-agar and tapioca to adjust flavor and texture

Double-page supporter
So they are gonna fight all-out with food?
Hopefully our ex-knight wins it, he deserves.

Dex-chan lover
The typesetter enjoyed himself way too much here... The title of the chapter is unreadable 😵

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath a monogamy would be...well...a monogamy. we already have word for it. or if you still wanna push it, a reversed harem.

Users who are viewing this thread