Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
So, some possibilities.

1. They kick her out using the 20,000 debt + failure to protect her subordinates as excuse, after all if that vol 2 cover is anything to go by, she herself is a fluffy tail waifu and those human supremacist don't want her around.

2. After she reported about Nagi and Cecyl, whoever was her superior decided to pull Astarte and send her to go with Nagi as well since she'll be treated better than staying in the church (of course he doesn't explain this to her)

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat There's a fairly obvious hint at page 14 that she's not fully human (wolf?); She sniffs at his collar.

Dex-chan lover
@ThyUnsuspicious i think ud find that theyre pretty crazy irl too if u go up high enough in the chain xD tho organized religion has gotten somewhat better over the last century or so... its still pretty crazy

20,000> value of rita to the church.
Congratulations on your new slave! (Who didn't see it coming when she added that line to the contract though?)

Aggregator gang
OK, my guesses were wrong.

I was sure the church would try to eliminate her. That's the standard practice in Isekai, after all.
Guess this bunch are secure enough that they don't see the need, just kicking her out is sufficient for them.

Excommunication bars you from receiving any sacraments or ordinances, or participating in any other official activities of the church. It completely removes you from fellowship; depending upon the faith, active members may even be forbidden from having any contact with you, such that you are held in less esteem than those who never belonged to the faith.

That doesn't seem to be the gist of what has occurred here.
They've merely removed her from office, and cut off all financial support.
Effectively, she's just another lay believer.
And that really says something about how secure the church hierarchy is in their control of the faithful, that they don't see the need to go any further than that.
Of course, if they somehow knew she'd thrown a clause into the contract that if the church didn't pony up she'd become the payment herself... well, that would neutralize her for sure, now wouldn't it?
So long as they don't do anything further to antagonize her new owner, he won't have a legit reason to go gunning for them, given his wanting to keep a low profile; after all, the conditions of the contract were fulfilled via the fallback payment clause.

So it looks like the folks in charge of this church are competent.
While they may be scum, they do know how to handle matters to achieve their desired goals, without causing any more negative reactions than absolutely necessary.
The author isn't feeling the need to make his persons of authority anything worse than being really sharp operators who believe in caveat emptor.
The MC's doing as well as he is, due to generally remembering to check for the fine print in advance, and wanting to remain in the shadows.

Dex-chan lover
not sure how any fish could really be alive in that small lake. least it looked small

All I've been wondering is when he's gonna buy her some damn shoes...

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is honestly boring and plain. Think I'll give it one more chapter.
It's problem is the constantly forced plot in addition to having a lot of stuff occur off screen. This makes a lot of the stuff I do see on-screen seem like isolated plot items without enough story connecting them together.

What's this about her subordinates not listening? They've been nothing but boot-lickers and completely obedient this entire time.

Dex-chan lover
I guess due to the contract the church found a way to get rid of her without dirtying their hands.

Anyway better for MC, another waifu and she seems to be demi-human too.

Users who are viewing this thread