Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

>Commoner's Guild
>Noble's Guild
What? That's fucking retarded.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully, we get to see more of Leticia since she hits so many...

he's gonna find the magic sword in the giant bat killing quest, isn't he?

Dex-chan lover
New guild master is nice, but I can understand if people don't take her as seriously if she wants to give you lap pillow or clean your earwax when you sign up 😎

Dex-chan lover
Damn artist, if I want to read walls of text I'd be reading the novel

Corporate slave guild master and

Loli magic sword wich grant "lucky pervert" to her wielder

Next : hetare confirmed (again)

Dex-chan lover
So, if the noble's guild abuses their subcontractor the commenor's guild that much, shouldn't they quit their common efforts? I know all the well paid contracts from nobles's and merchants go through them, but are they worth it? Or are they that necessary? If the commoners guild could make due with normal contracts and dungeon looting, they really should cease to work together. On one side it will be hard to sell the minor loot to merchants, as they would boycott them first, but will the merchant's guild really be able to satisfy the needs of the town? The noble's guild wo't help them to loot the stuff they need. They would have to import stuff to hunger the commoner's guild out and hire commoners behind their back, yet still...How long will they hold out to pay them better then the commoner's guild(cg)?

On the other side the noble's guild (ng) will face some harsh challenges, if they have to face the dungeon alone. They will fail more quests and be pressured from all sides. Sure they will hire some merchenaries, but that is more expensive then a fair price for the cg. And then noble's will increasingly die.

So if the cg stops cooperation, it will be bad for the commerce, which is worst for the merchants and therefore mg, and it will tarnish the reputation and hurt the ng. It would boil down to, if the cg is able to survive that long (stops their adventurer from quitting and joining the merchant guild or a new fake cg)

Then again, after nobles dying and enough complaining the king might force the cg to cooperate...

I would like to urge the translator, @cmertb, of this series to not use square brackets in the text. Japanese text uses 「」 as quotation marks, and occasionally 『』 for various kinds of emphasis, but English does not use square brackets for these purposes. Seeing them in the text, especially so frequently as in this chapter, is exasperating. Instead, the translator should consider using quotation marks, capitalization for proper nouns, and other common methods of emphasizing English text where necessary. For example, there really is no reason to write "A [Magic Sword] in a [dungeon]?" when "A Magic Sword in a dungeon?" loses no relevant meaning and does not disturb parsing the sentence with extraneous symbols.

Dex-chan lover
@KLSymph nah those are fine, those are "item titles" or conversation topics, like in an rpg. It denotes that that is a fantasy world dungeon, and not just a holding cell in someone's basement. I would really prefer they stop writing Enchanting though, since they are talking about chanting (speaking) in the Ancient Language, and not about storing magic in objects.

Group Leader
@KLSymph There is some truth in what you write, but only some. This is practically my first foray into RPG-like manga where constant use of 「」 is the norm, so you might say I'm experimenting with various translation styles. Quotation marks definitely do not fit, they have a very specific function in English that would only confuse the reader. Using bold or italic for emphasis can be done, but only if I bear a grudge toward the typesetter. Personally, I see square brackets as adding a bit of flavor to the text -- imagine them being links in an RPG dialogue.

Overall, I can see that I have overused square brackets quite a bit, so I will go easier on them in the future (but not in the next few chapters since they've already been typeset). I will definitely keep them for skill names and key terms inside skill descriptions, but likely will simply drop them anywhere else.

@CountryMage There is some merit in marking special terms in a way that set them apart from text, but there are better, less visually intrusive ways. Even RPGs use methods like different text colors for this purpose, and don't simply put square brackets around them over and over (as far as I've seen), because that's not consistent with the normal use of square brackets in English. I simply urge the translator to consider this more carefully, rather than my guess of just replacing the Japanese symbols with the nearest English equivalent.

@cmertb Thank you for considering my suggestion. A possible tactic is to use the brackets on first introducing a new term and then omitting them afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread