Isekai Kenja no Tensei Musou: Game no Chishiki de Isekai Saikyou - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The opponent was a horde

Hmmm, I like MC's personality other than his oblivious uptake to his strength...

Also... Dang, that was quick... Left already huh. NGL Theresa was cute. I kinda like her but yeah what she did if it wasn't MC... They would have died XD

I wish we could see more of her. She cute and has a fun personality.

Fed-Kun's army
@Chizan Actually (little spoiler that probably comes up next chapter)
If I remember the WN correct the sea is extremly dangerous monsterwise and the ship extremly costly, because of that water traveling stone, so no, if the ship wasnt needed for official business of country and guild to connect the two countryparts there probably wouldnt be any passage at all because it just isnt economic in any sense.

So, 270 horns for 20.000 each makes less than 6 milions, 6 platinum coins, so how come he gets 2 bags full ???

Dex-chan lover
Why is this story so peaceful? All the NPC are kind, no generic villain A, B, and C, wtf?!?!?!?

and again the mc chickens out of a revenge....
japanese mc and chinese mc are like the two extremes of the same coin...
one wont ever take up his hands in physical revenge and the other does more revenge killing than eating meals
what im looking for is a mc that fits on the rim of that very coin and would punch the fucking hell out of that receptionist for her trickery that would have gotten anyone besides him killed

ofc not in public
well not without preparation like a audio recording of her saying her piece and a fist full of wolf teeth/horns...

good riddance to that bitch that failed at her one job of being a receptionist and wants to be a guildmaster instead

the lesser wolf quest was originally 4000 per kill why is he getting 20k now???
not going to use clean on the horn for bonus gold??
so after 1 quest he can make it to the capital, nice. so much for an expensive ferry ride

Dex-chan lover
@Roadrunner9000 What? The receptionist was a professional. She understood the MC can do much more and gave him a job suited for his level of skills and power. The MC would have been wasting his time with noob quests. Plus it would have meant those easy quests wouldn't have been available for the real weaklings anymore. Somehow you must have missed the scene of the MC realising all that by himself as well. You know, it's the receptionist's job to manage adventurers, give them advice, and help them choose missions, not only buy material from them. The girl was doing it all perfectly.

You seem to like evil MCs, but they aren't that common in manga. If he was like that, he would likely be robbing people, not hunting some rodents in the forest, anyway.

@Kaarme
well i certainly dont like goody two shoes... but then again i also dont like those chinese murder machines that kill for breathing in their general direction

and i pretty much agree with your assessment of her responsibilities she should support, advise and help

but definetly not tricking them into taking quests of her choosing which makes her "active unwanted help" no different from coercion

it went all well so in the end the mc powered through with minor suffering but thats because the mc is the mc if she pulled that on non plot armor people she has a pretty darn chance of killing, traumatizing or crippling them
which is very darn close to the schemes of a villain granted her motivations were entirely different
but thats why i wrote i would punch her instead of killing or maiming because all it amounts to is denying the mc his right to choose his own quests without justification and reckless endangerment.

the mc pulled through because the author wanted him to but her reaction (the missing surprise when she thought he was mad and her apology) and the examiners reactions ("hunting kick rabbits in the second forest,huh") kind of give the impression that this isnt the first time she pulled that stunt and that it hasnt all been unicorns and rainbows

if you prepare for rabbits and end up having to face wolves not only will most end up being surprised but could also end up being under equipped both of which could end up harming you
and the surprise could have been very deadly because wolves are pack hunters
which is also the reason bears which are far stronger than a wolf would rather avoid them given the choice

concerning the mc holding himself back with noob quests, well it was his first quest so that hardly holding himself back when he wants to familiarize himself with his enemies instead of power leveling which would actually be quite reckless as a first quest

last but not least the mc told her he cant pull that move he did against the examiner very often even if that was a lie (which it was)
she had no way of knowing that before hand and yet gave him a quest that basicly required him to perform that move like a normal sword swing when its common knowledge that even the best warrior in the continent can only pull it off 20% of the time

as the audience we all condem villains twice for each, the intent to harm the mc as well as their actions/plans that could lead to harming the mc and that all the while knowing that the mc will power through it. she didnt posses the intent but still put a dangerous scheme into motion so why shouldnt she get a reminder for it?
also besides a bit of minor physical harm every other approach would have been shrugged off or ended much more harshly than required as even only reporting her could have gotten her fired and unable to find work in this town and the adventurer guild as a whole nevermind exposing her which might have even made her a target for frustrated adventurers

on that note im actualy a sucker for biblical punishments (eye for an eye tooth for a tooth) so having her face a higher workload equivalent to the difficulty spike the mc experienced for a couple of days would have been much more preferable for me but that would have required the mc to have real pull with her superior which he sadly didnt

but oh well you could also just chalk me up as not being comfortable with unwarranted actions that could lead to putting good people in danger without their knowledge or assent
then again i wouldnt have been quite so dissatisfied if she had prepared a safety net for the mc that would have allowed him to retreat safely if she was wrong in her assesment

Dex-chan lover
Gotta be honest, I love that gal

You got a storng adventurer suddenly appearing and only trying to do low level class, if I was her I would also force him to do work at his level

Dex-chan lover
So how much are those platinum coins worth? 1000 or a million gils? He only paid the ship owning company's merchant guy with three coins, suggesting each coin is a million gils, but the guild receptionist actually gave him two bags of coins, perhaps suggesting platinum metal is worth shit and each coin in only worth 1000 gils, like was actually written in the speech bubble. Maybe the platinum coin (worth a million gils) is the only sensible coin they have, and otherwise if you kill ten überrats, each worth 1000 gils, you will be carrying 10,000 individual bloody one gil coins in your purse after that. Good luck with that. How long does it even take to count all of them, haha? Metal must be cheaper in that pre-industrial world than in ours. It would be cheaper to just take coins and melt them to get metal for everyday objects than to actually get ore from mines for melting. Such fancy economy. Maybe they are using wooden or clay coins.

Fed-Kun's army
1 platinum coin equals 1 million gil.
He killed 32 wolves that are each worth 20,000 gil and 276 rabbits which are also worth 20,000 gil each.
Thats 320,000 gil plus 5,520,000 gil to make 5,840,000 gil. So 5 platinum coins and bags full of whatever coins make up the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread