Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 25.2

Dex-chan lover
@xrogaan Well a strategy depending on enemy morale dropping is risky. Sure there are a lot of real world battles that destroyed the enemy morale to cripple their attacks but it was still risky if they push through so its better to kill of as many enemy troops in one big attack.

Dex-chan lover
Mao Zedong stated in his book 'On Guerrilla Warfare' that it was more effective for an inferior force to totally annihilate a small enemy detachment than inflict a defeat on an army. He compared the psychological impact to chopping off a finger with an axe vs. smashing an entire hand with a club. So Almus took a major step toward giving Ferme some morale problems by taking out as many soldiers as he could & putting any survivors under lock & key.

I dont understand the 7-star rating, this is probably the highest quality of story an Isekai can get to, it has the best story, that's it's best components, most Isekai's stories SUCK

Dex-chan lover
@Diabl0 prolly due to the lack of fanservice lol. this really deserves better ratings since it has a story you can't say "is bad"

man that donation page scares me, i thought 'what the.. only 5 pages?'
then saw 'oh there's still more'
lhstranlation seems in dire need of donation. first they attached it to the last image/page, and now inserted it in middle.

[ul]@Diabl0
I dont understand the 7-star rating, this is probably the highest quality of story an Isekai can get to, it has the best story, that's it's best components, most Isekai's stories SUCK
[/ul]This isn't a great story still. There are better isekai.
High 7s or low 8s is an appropriate rating for this IMHO. Just because you live in a community with crappy homes doesn't mean that one house with a working door is a 9/10 star hotel does it?

High 7s also isn't bad (for those who think it is). Low 7s are meh. 5 is , actually probably average for stories, but who the hell wants to read an average story? Average sucks, we want to wast our time on sub-decent to near perfect stuff.
Most works suck regardless of genre. Its just, for some reason, those of us complaining about isekai (pretty much the entire community) are more tolerant for this type of isekai (action drama?), and give them a chance despite the fact they suck.
I know of several decent isekai, though only a few in this genre (I mostly read romance isekai atm). Slime, Spider, and Shield were good IIRC. Plus fat old ugly loli pervert guy one once you get over how fat, ugly, old, and perverted his consciousness is, and get used to the somewhat gory scenes they occasionally add.
At risk of going out of your comfort zones, Meng Shi Zai Shang and Survive as the Hero's Wife are a couple of good romance/adventure and romance/drama type isekai.

These are the ones off the top of my head, and in mangadex, excluding official translation only titles.

Dex-chan lover
@firefish5000: Don't forget Bakarina and that other villainess turned stand-in feudal lord stories. Generally many isekais with a female MC have a higher quality. Maybe it is because of the lack of fan service that nobody actually needs and often enough does a discredit to the appeal of female characters. Or maybe, because they don't butter up a too overgrown harem all the time (see Slime, Spider, and Shield)

Hah....Now he just has to send the usable captured soldiers to his allied kingdom friends as workforces (They have the means to supervise them) and the unusable survivors back to one of the bigger settlements (a town preferably) of his enemy. :D If that king take them back in, they are dead weight. If he slaughters his own men, it kills off morals. And If he wants to get rid of the slaughters witnesses (or evade questions about those returnees whereabouts), he has to silence a whole settlement. He could blame its destruction on the enemy, but losing a whole settlement is still losing a whole settlement.

Dex-chan lover
@PsychoJing: That's the point! :D Sorry, if I unintentionally evoked the impression, they are. What I meant was, they don't focus on a overgrown harem, because there is no harem to begin with. At least in Kumo-chan's story. But let's face the truth: In Rimuru's case the whole monster nation, he founded, it his bitch.

Fed-Kun's army
was expecting them to fight with arquebus
got land.... scratch that
got a bridgemine instead
not disappointed

@Markgraf
That never helped mao during the Korean War though, didn't matter if he used it or not that method only works on unarmed civs compared to the Art of War and some modern-day examples. And that's not what Almus used on Farme's men anyways nor was it referenced.
Gunpowder that goes boom is very effective on those who have never known of it before, and that's more than enough to start a snowball effect for a lost battle.

Users who are viewing this thread