Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 4 Ch. 28.2

Dex-chan lover
Ok so they've retaken the wife1's home town, now to get fixing the road into wife2's story arc, then off to babymaking, yes.

So they just slaughtered the entire army without giving them the option of surrendering? That seems like a bad idea, by doing this you are not only losing thousands of potential soldiars, you are also weakening your own army as you now have to spread your army across more territory, making it more susceptible to being invaded.

Dex-chan lover
Those where a traitor's army so its not that surprising they where annihilated to the last man, to make an example out of them.

While the shortcomings of the adaptation are clear so i'm speculating so far.
- As far as we can see, there's no conscripted soldiers on Ferme's army. So all of them are likely Ferme's personal army and/or professional soldiers with a stake on the rebellion. For Bartolo and Alnus leaving them alive has its risks, and killing them all cleanly removes all rebellion roots.
- There's the (very high) risk of them turning to banditry or leaving for another country and revealing the inner turmoil of Rosice Kingdom if not pursued.

So it is understandable than they where all killed.

@humbleoverlord while not clearly stated, i think it is obvious the MC becomes ambitious when he accepts to become Raymond (the king's brother) adopted son and heir. A regular non-ambitious japanese MC would have refused and stuck to farming...

Dex-chan lover
So..... I don't think those soldiers standing below the wall can see the 2 people surrendering on top of the wall, when they're hidden behind a parapet.

Fed-Kun's army
long live the king almus!
"may your reign continue for a thousand eight thousand generations until the tiny pebbles grow into massive boulders lush with moss."
next: almus the emperor....

Dex-chan lover
@feha: "It is obvious from her face that she doesnt want this, [...]"

Those people helped murdering her whole family. Of course she isn't very found of the idea. If she would be, that'd be bad news for her new subjects.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the real reason they are pushing for Almus to be the ruler of that territory is so the king and marry his daughter to Almus to promote friendly relations and not marry her to that guy that likes to strangle his wives.

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure they didn't need to kill them all on the field, just rout them, capture them, either execute or ransom/enslave them while they were captives.

Contributor
So they massacred the entire enemy army down to the last man? I'm surprised he didn't get screwed over by that decision like Xiangyu did.

"How will the people see the girl who invited death and destruction to the nation and caused every family to lose one of their own to war? Why, we love her dad, ofcourse~"

Dex-chan lover
Killing the entire army seems like a good way to create more grudges in influent families that lost some of their mermebers there and eventually betrayal again tbh.

That page 8...
THATS FUCKING BAND OF THE HAWK ALL OVER AGAIN!!!???
RUN BITCH, RUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Raymond really is turning out to be a greater politician than his brother king

Users who are viewing this thread