Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 31.1

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact: When talking about tax there is a max of 18% that is the maximum tresh hold for arrecadation, anything over 18% will gather less money for the state than that 18% value.

Dex-chan lover
@apt-get
It is the greatest agricultural development for increasing production so it is fair that it is so highly placed in those stories.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan Its also massively misunderstood and thus overrated. There are more practical thing to introduce and crop rotation may even be detrimental under the wrong conditions.

This will of course be the correct conditions for it to work 120% though.

Dex-chan lover
How exciting. They decided how they’re going to do a census and they’re gonna sell wine. Absolutely riveting

Supporter
@mahtan
Enlighten my peblian mind. What is arrecadation? I tried to google it, but didn't get anything.

Dex-chan lover
@Flavor25 With the level of tech available, he can't even dream of welding, so riveting is all he has got to join pieces of metal. Aside from some weak soldering.

@mahtan I said it already when the manga launched, but he should look for some bat/bird guano. That would produce exceptional results with no time wasted.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan You mean Laffer curve? Actually it was never really proven and outside Friedman's neolibs it's laughed at. In nature taxation is way more complicated and the problem was simplify by politician. It's more of a educational simplification than a real economic law.

@sketches arrecadation I think it's from portuguese meaning taxation level or something. Sorry I don't speak this language.

Dex-chan lover
Why do people ALWAYS feel like doing huge exposition dumps with side idiots going all aaah and oooh
i mean, okay, you have to explain how it werks, but geez, why this way

That 'agricultural lass in Nobunaga's retinue' at least has the Big Oda going 'okay from which ass did you pull THAT out'

Dex-chan lover
@MangaRockRefugee The ooohing and aaahing is there pretty much just to break up that exposition dump; otherwise you get a huge wall of text that isn't really palatable to a lot of readers. To most, manga blends text and visuals in roughly equal amounts, so if you go too far in the text direction, you end up with people complaining that it might as well be a light novel.

Hell, even in regular novels, huge walls of text are still inadvisable because it all kinda blends together; I can't count how often I've had to break shit up while writing to avoid them.

Dex-chan lover
@sketches
Sorry English is not my first language and as such I may have used the wrong word or one that does not exist in English.
Arrecadation would be the amount of money the government receive after tax are collected.

Dex-chan lover
@AngryFerret
Yes, that. I understand that it is not very accepted though it has shown its predictive power and that the results end up align with what the curve dictates would happens so I see it as a useful tool to decide tax revenue, it might not be though but the idea is really sound and seen to work as expected.

You are right it was from portuguese, thnx 0/

Dex-chan lover
@Riger

Yeah, gl with that. Since money is an issue NOW. You likely will not be able to age the wine. Also, you expect the current grape production levels can provide enough for an entire territory to thrive off of? Grapes dont grow in a day either, not to mention wine is sometimes tricky to make even with a good quantity of grapes. He even said it himself, he has 1 machine which can make it. So before anything else, you need to overhaul the production, using what was said to be a limited few blacksmiths.

Best part is that he said his own territory was left in a condition which can be described as a wasteland. If that is the case, wtf are you going to export that your own citizens dont need more? Or is he planning to just export anything and everything and buy food for his people?

While it looks good on paper (figuratively speaking), he just invested heavily into a gamble. But this is an Isekai with "modern" technology knowledge, so everything works out 200% better than intended guaranteed.

Honestly, he should look into mead if it does not exist. It is far cheaper and faster to produce. Though it wont sell for as much, your targeted marketing demographic is massive since it is more of a commoners drink. Not to mention the added bonus of bees. They will do wonders at making the wasteland recover. Thus making everything look and feel better to live in. Thus allowing you an option to raise certain land taxes in nicer areas.

Do that and make your high grade wine on the side for special customers of interest like nobles, merchants, and visiting forign dignitaries. Use it as bargening chips for forign aid and developing relationships. It is a good way to show you are not some nobody who just was handed a title since it carries a certain prestige with it.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius why not break that exposition dump with something less common, i dunno, other folks getting creative too
it's fucking alternate world, why not let your (and by proxy their) imagination run wild a bit

Users who are viewing this thread