Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 36.3

Imagine thinking all polygamous relationships are the result of coercion/brainwashing. Ignorance never ceases to amaze 🤣

Dex-chan lover
The amount of people getting bent out of shape over a second wife just raises this manga to me lol. They're in a premodern society, one that clearly sees polygamy, at least for nobles and the like, is normal. Is it a kinda sad how Tetra just accepts that he might have another wife that he loves more than her, sure as heck it is. But then, we know the protag will just love the equally or something because its fiction. Anyways, guess we will have the obvious conflict between Almus and Dibel coming up, so that should be fun.

So... Why the fiction does anyone want to compare this to real life?
I mean, ofc, there are dreams one can achieve. But there are also dreams that is better stays dream.
I believe most of us here knows how to separate those two(or three) things already...

Fed-Kun's army
This might feel wierd for ya all, as the author mixes love with marriage. Something that is a product of modern world, when in the long past marriage was bearly ever done for love. The author himself dose not understand it or does not want to explain this to readers so this polygamy might feel wierd. Ya all ppl get too emotional bout it.

Dex-chan lover
The only reason I hate this setup is because they've made Tetra into a really convenient character. I don't care if he has multiple wives, since I knew the moment they mentioned the possibility of multiple wives early on it was gonna happen and I happen to like both of them. But I don't want Tetra to treat their relationship like "I'll still love you even if you defile our future children with your raging manhood so do whatever you want"

Tell him she agrees with what he's doing. Tell him that it's the right thing to do. But don't literally set her up as "I love when my man can be the decision maker for me, I'll follow literally whatever he does even if it leads to the end of the world" when her character is honestly supposed to be quite strong willed on her own. She can respect his decisions, but don't make her decision just to blindly follow his.

It really hurts her character for me. :\ What happened to that girl that practically forced him into marrying her?

Why is it that out of all genres, isekai produces the most heated comments filled with long winded sperg outs? Also, the complete inability to understand that relationship norms differ greatly between cultures and no amount of Reeeeing into the void will change the mind of these fictional characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna
I disagree with you here. It's not some petty stuff like eating stuff with forks over sticks or driving on the wrong side of the road, it's a matter of outlook on relationships and how they work. Alnus has got that entire image of monogamous marriage heaved upon him for entire time he's spent on earth, and he didn't really have any reason to challenge that, or even consider other options, as it was a total nonissue to him, with him being too busy trying to keep his patchwork family alive and stuff. So he went to the altar with Tetra with his monogamous ideals intact, and only now he has a chance to realize that literally nobody else sees marriage as he does and everyone expects him to behave like they do and maybe, just maybe its time to adapt to that. And he's perfectly willing to do so.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Disguised22 Becasue isekai is the ultimate self insert. It takes your average guy every one can relate to(being a modern earth humie) and puts him in a situation we've all imagined and and are to a point familiar with, be it from games or history. It's the modern Robinson Crusoe.

@CBC nice word dude, it's culture shock to our mc who lived his past life thinking monogamy is normal. The story concept not much differ but how they execute the plot is superb, not just suddenly. I can feel this is one of the anime candidate material.

Well its a story just enjoy it be it good or bad as long is enjoyable i give it 👌

i can see how the mentality of the society in that world and the changes MC brought to his subjects culminate in tetra's view. it's still jarring to see such a fiery child being the picture perfect ye olde first wife material though...

BTW, does he really believe he can stop a civil war just by giving in? Dibel's faction is already hostile to the current royal family and its faction. The very moment he ascends the throne there will be either an uprising or a purge.

Dex-chan lover
I bet the betas introduce the one wife rule to stop the alphas taking them all.

Dex-chan lover
@Yamibi Also there might be unreliable narration. Just because someone says they love someone, they might only mean it in the sense that "I like you better than that other dude, and also think you'd be less inclined to beat me up every day and more likely to treat our (my) children nicely". And that ties in pretty well with your point about many marriages in the past.
(Loving marriages were certainly preferred, but it was something you were supposed to get once married, not necessarily a reason for marriage.)

Users who are viewing this thread