Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 43.1

just how much more do you have to prove yourself just to be accepted by an incompetent and useless king....jesus christ everytime i read this manga and since the start, this king just wont accept the male mc no matter what he do, meanwhile he approved that dibel asshol to marry his daughter no problem....really author!? do u have some brain?

c1

So in the original, considering the MC and his rival have the same blessing, the story involved the MC undermining the peoples' confidence in his opponent, thus allowing his version to win out in the end. Instead, all we get in the manga is "oh I won the duel cause I'm stronger the end". Such a shame, not even as close to interest as the MC's first fight against an enemy king, where even his blessing had trouble compared to his opponent's battle experience.

Fed-Kun's army
@cache_bag

Thanks, I can see it now! Really appreciate it since most native speakers don't point out awkward phrasing (and reading internet grammar does not build the best writing habits).

Dex-chan lover
@blueraine21 The king is crafty. He's pushing Almus as far as he can, to make sure the kingdom will survive. Before Almus, you might say the kingdom's prospects looked very dim (about as dim as Dibel's brain), so maybe the king had almost given up. However, now he recognises excellent material in Almus. Not only would be kingdom have good chances of surviving despite stronger neighbours, but it might even expand. Thus he's trying to make sure Almus won't be satisfied with what he has but instead will try to reach for the moon. Nominally the king can use the excuse of needing to satisfy the other nobles, who might not willingly accept a total outsider of unknown origin as the next king. In the end, if his own country is not fully behind him, how could Almus dream of defeating other countries? So, before things are made official, a situation where all the nobles (that matter) think Almus is their best chance is necessary for smooth sailing. A civil war is not what the country needs as the first thing after Almus's coronation.

Dex-chan lover
@c1 But he already did that, before the fight there was a talk about how people weren't trusting Dibel anymore thanks to his recent failures, so the work was already done.

What happened here was that we were shown that the bastard was using to fighting like a bully, as in not having anybody stronger or as strong as him, so the MC who had around the same if not more strenght, beat him with skill and experience, taking full advantage of his opponent's overconfidence; I personally find this combination of factors way better than simply going "you no longer have people trust you, so I win because the power of friendship helps me".

Dex-chan lover
Basically Almus only need one more push that is the achievement that even make his name known throughout other country as well. And to do that he has to lead the army in the war against Domorgar Kingdom and win. He can't simply be appointed as the next king now because he lacks the noble bloodline. Remember, he was a nobody even though he is known as the son of Griffon, unlike Dibel who is from a noble family.

P.S.: the manga deviated greatly from the WN as there was never been a duel between Almus and Dibel in the WN. So I'm intrigued on how the manga plot will develop further.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no! People are going to call VegetaDibel a coward now that he forfeited the match to Almus

Dex-chan lover
Einz... Yeah yeah. Of course i remember who he is...

@dexdoujinmanga I feel like every time he accomplishes something they tell him he needs to accomplish something new. It's a neverending loop.
And adaptations arent usually based on the WN but the LN, so it's normal that they are different.

Dex-chan lover
Possible typo in page 7. Should be Almus but become Akira instead.
I was just noticing that Pg7 Panel 3 bubble 1 said "Akira"
But that (the word/name "Akira") means "this/my boy child," so the TL was actually "... would be best after my boy did something..."
And not "... would be best after  Almus did something..."

Neat stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread