Isekai Kokka Alchimaira: Saijaku no Ou to Musou no Gunzei - Ch. 11.1

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, but I'm really happy how the story presents itself thus far.

1. Despite having a strong country, the MC has it far from easy with his group or in the new world.

2. Wrong decision making leads to severe consequences that cannot be undone nor can their impact be significantly reduced.

3. MC himself is very limited in his own actions.

I feel like this is quite a change of fresh air. If I think of Kingdom/Nation Isekai, I think of Overlord and Tensei Slime Shitara Datte Ken first. They are the most popular and they definitely do a lot of good writing I enjoy. However, I can't help but feel, that solutions to problems sometimes come in to "easy" or to "quickly". Both Overlords and Slime MC are powerful on their own, with powerful ressources, abilities and 100% loyal powerful subordinates.

This story MC may have a strong country, but he still has to lead them like a king. He cannot let them act completely independently (thus far) and he is so vulnerable. Just the fact that we saw him die in the last chapters to his own rebellious subordinates says it all. The death was luckily just taking one of his few lives, but it shows he cannot allow it to happen again and that his most trusted servants were careless. He isn't perfect nor his powerful subordinates. We see the pinch he is getting himself here in this chapter. Returns without being capable of thinking of the worst case or how to deal in a "almost perfect" manner.

MC is not incompetent, but he isn't seemingly omnipotent like Rimuru or Ainz. Thats what I like. He has room for development and his action thus far weren't stupid. Just insufficient and in need of more thorough experience.
Heavily agree. MC actually has to balance out too many things else everything goes downhill for him and his country. This really feeds into his overthinking habit and fails to notice that everything's "different" in his country and his people.

Too bad, too many readers here in this manga that guzzles with Overlord or SlimeTensei style of story and completely expect this one to be like those series. :facepalm:

I thought that they killed that angry warrior girl in last chapter... But all she got is just some bandage on here head... I'm little bit disappointed.
Warrior Girl has that fluffy collar thingy while the half-elf that got killed earlier only had armor. Still sucks that many died.

Oh no i wonder whose fault it is that they invaded that soon. hmmm oh wait it's the naive cunt mc's fault for being a coward to kill murderes.
It may have been a decision that backfired on him, you cannot fault him in trying to stick to his MANDATED order of not slighting any countries. Because if he had that elven guy earlier killed, that would be traced back to Latestwood, gives them even more reason to go after them and it'll be an even more bloodbath. This is not Overlord or the Arachne Queen man ffs. :facepalm:

I half expect that he makes some "you all become my subjects and I might be able to mass revive them" deal since his subordinates have extra lives.
would like a somewhat darker story where consequences actually stick.
You'll probably like the end of chapter 11. Though yeah... consequences does stick. His mandated order backfired on him and costed the lives of Latestwood. His own life back through carelessness on chapter 8. His speeches to his commanders. This guy is way too stressed making decisions in the good spectrum but misses out blind spots and realize it too late. Just like on this one.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no i wonder whose fault it is that they invaded that soon. hmmm oh wait it's the naive cunt mc's fault for being a coward to kill murderes.
Not everything can be solved by being a murder hobo

Dex-chan lover
No matter what anyone else has said it was a good call on his part not to kill the first people he met without knowing the situation.
It could have backfired since he didn't know the power behind them and had no way to tell if his people were stronger.
This is just my opinion

Dex-chan lover
Ah... No doubt you're also in favour of preventive genocide and a spot of Eugenics..
There's several plotholes in your reasoning, but they do fit that brown shirt you're wearing there..

I hate authors who does this, why didn't he leave a single scout or anything to report back in case something happens in the village? He and the others knows that they are stronger, just leaving a single group would deter any attackers and prevent more deaths.

And maybe it's because I've matured, but damn are the scenes where the girls pushes themselves to him is just plain annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread