Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Meanwhile Rajas is standing there during their passionate exchange of words: "Are they, like, done? I've been standing here for 20 pages. Get on with the fighting already."

these story beats feel so cliche, just so done-already. Nothing in here has triggered ANY amount of emotion for these characters - im not invested in this female lead character: i havent known her long enough to connect with her, and her tragic backstory rings hollow when everyone else in this world seems to be experiencing the same situation, vis a vis these demons.

Our mc hasnt struggled, or faced any complications while fighting these demons. Oh no! my shield broke! lucky for me, i chant for 30 seconds (in which the demon stands by doing nothing), and now I have an even stronger, even MORE impenetrable shield.

What use is having an op cheat, if your enemies power keeps rising? What use is your cheat if your power is always slightly stronger than your enemy?

The title of this manga is "The other world's magic is too far behind!". In our world, the naval strength of spain would not matter if I had an ICBM. Why would you use the magic equivalent of a handgun, when you have missile launchers. Why would you use your 5 second magic shield that will break instantly, when you can use your 30 second chant shield that is impossible to break through.

At this point, the manga is just going through the motions, hitting every beat that an isekai manga with an OP mc must hit.

@Grerutin true reminds me of the face-slapping immortal trope being in pervasive right now. The MC without any knowledge of his enemies limits his levels and the gal should be put on suicide watch.

Dex-chan lover
So they fight the bad guy once and get their asses kicked, they get no power-ups or anything and now they can fight him and not look pathetic this time. How and why?

there we go, up and fighting again, just like that.

You can't have her bawling her eyes out as blood spewing civilians call her a murderer, only to then have her do a full 180 because the MC said he wanted to save her. She just experienced the pain of being universally despised and cursed with a persons dying breaths. All while truly believing she's at fault. She has to lose something, idealism, innocence, anything! in order to come back from that. She could decide that the only person she'll give a shit about is MC, and even thats fine. But not just back to normal!

The good ol' 2nd wind that comes either with the power of faith or friendship or in this case both :')

Users who are viewing this thread