Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 7 Ch. 39 - Intellectual Faction (1)

Supporter
@Tatherwood That's a subtle detail that I definitely missed. I still think that since the skill crystals are so rare, using one on anything less than the best weapon is a waste.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal how many slaves does he get and are they all crazy? I know mc is a little fucked in the head. I think he is more fucked in the head than I am which surprised me

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax

Here comes a wall of text for ya describing the slaves and a somewhat decent preview of the slaves personality.
He have 5 where i am in the novel, but i IIRC it was hinted in a flash forward/ forshadowing thingy where you see the MC in the future with 1 or 2 more slaves in his party.
( but i could be wrong here because it happens pretty early on in the novel and i spent 30 minutes writing this and don´t feel like fact checking that )

TL:DR with no spoilers.
Roxxane and the third slave are the crazy once.
Sherry and the fifth one are the sane once.
The fourth is more like your typical slave and don´t have as extreme personality like the others.

First slave is Roxxane who is a Wolf-kin and is the head slave
( soon to be Beast Warrior )
She is a natural born "beast warrior" who´s insane agility enables her to dodge pretty much everything and enhance her senses to the point she can do what she does.
She is the strongest fighter and is devoted to the point she rather die then fail protecting the MC.
There is going to be a "flashback episode" eventually that explores her personality more.
But she was raised by a village of warriors so she believes that its normal for adventurers to be as strong as she is, while in truth she is FAR above the norm in terms of power and instinct.

Second slave is Sherry the Dwarf
( Soon to be Master Smith )
She is the most sane of the group and is the straight man to everybody else.
She is a failure who did not succeed in getting the master smith class, and because of her family being in dept she devised a plan to sell herself into slavery.
By doing this she hoped to get a "free" education and hopefully become a successful adventurer so she could pay of her debt while using her only gift she were aware of.... her strength.
She was born with small ears, making people believe she is older then she actually is, but on the other hand she was blessed with unusual strength even for a dwarf.
She is also fairly intelligent and could have been a scholar if she were given the chance to learn.
But because of her family's economic problems she never had the chance to.

The third slave is :
Miria the Cat-kin, who later becomes
A Master Assasin
She has problem staying focused and is easily distracted makeing people consider her a airhead, Basiclly she got ADHD.
She is by no means stupid and actually learns things fairly quickly as long as she can keep her focus long enough.
The problem is that only a few things catches her interested and she tends to be impartial and not care about everything else that she finds to be uninteresting.
One of the few things that CAN keep her focused however is food, particularly fish is super effective.
She is obsessed with fish even more then the MC is about his food and will do almost anything to get the highest quality fish available.
The reason she is a slave is in fact that she was caught fishing in a pond that belongs to the church and was charged with poaching of fish.
She is also extremely skilled in swimming and because of her "condition" is very perceptive and can easily spot hidden and hard to see things making her an excellent scout / rogue archetype.

The fourth party member is
Vesta the dragon-kin( more or less human with scales who can breathe fire ), Who later becomes
A dragon Knight.
She the youngest of the party( only 15 ) and is a born slave, meaning that both of her parents were slaves and she have been raised into servitue all her life.
Unsurprisingly considering her upbringing she is extremely timid asks for permission to do the most basic things out of the fear of being reprimanded.
This is also played for laughs because she is a titan of a woman and towers over the others being over two meters tall.
Also a bit paradoxically she is rebellious and had been planning how to escape into freedom for quite some time before meeting the MC.
She changed her mind when she actually meet the rest of the party and can see how extremely well they were all treated.
The MC treats the slaves better than some nobles live ( This is important to remember later on )
Vesta is your stereotypical barbarian character because while her class is dragon knight she loves big weapons to deal as much damage as possible and dont use a shield.
She is not as much stupid as she is naive, but her life as a born slave is a very strong contrast to everyone else who were born a free man or woman and it shows a lot in her personality.

The fifth party member is
Rutina the elf, she is
0f256661c9eb97e2d41b65a716a89418.jpg
She is a fallen noble because of her parents(mainly her dad because her mom is five feet under ) and is everything you would expect of your typical noble.
She outright stated that she would betray the MC instantly if she would profit from it and hopes to one day reclaim her status as a noble.
With all that said she is not a lost cause and eventually comes around to follow the Mc´s orders (more so out of fear thanks to roxanne and Sherry "persuasion sessions" ) And respect some of the party.
Once she does come around she develops somewhat of a inferiority complex because the MC and his party are MUCH stronger then they are now to the point that even the king of the country respects them.
She brings a more refined nature and a lot of useful experience about noble society and culture in general to the more brutish party( ignoring Sherry here)
This is a huge help to the MC and his slaves because by this point they have moved up in the world and started dealing with nobles and super wealthy merchants on the regular.

Dex-chan lover
@rephikul

Your welcome 😘
I rarely if ever feel bad about reading spoilers with only one exception that is a spoiler from "A Returner's Magic Should Be Special" tho.
( the chapters on mangadex is still broken because of "The Great Scanlation Exodus" from awhile back so i did not use the mangadex link 😪 )
To not actually tell you the spoiler if you are / want to read it, it was about who the MC ends up with in the epilogue as there is a few romantic candidates for the MC....
Safe to say my favourite girl who i was rooting for lost that horserace and that made me really sad.... ( one of the few benefits of a harem manga like this i gusse ‽‽‽‽‽‽ )

if its any conselation this is a pretty light hearted manga with not a super deep plot. ( i mean the MC´s main goal is to get rich and live a good life )
So i'm guessing the manga is going to focus mostly on the character's interactions with each other witch is something i did not elaborate too much on purpose in my last post.
The main cast of the story all have some pretty quirky personalities and they are if you ask me the main reason i still read this 😄
So as long as you can stand the crazy amount of fan service, that hopefully is going to be a bit less common for a while now that there is a new character to introduce into the story....
Then this is a perfectly good 6 or 7 / 10 time waster while you wait for your favourite´ realsesing new chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@mmvsbb That's a fair point, about "wasting" crystals on low tier gear. Then again, I'm not sure whether it has been mentioned if they can be "extracted" later?
Or even if they can't, if you guarantee success, their rarity kinda drops, doesn't it? Like, getting 10 crystals may be hard, but what makes them rare is that only 1/10 will actually succeed. However, if you can make 10/10 succeed, then they aren't really ALL that rare anymore... if you get what I mean?

And also I guess the mentality of "holding on to something forever", which is how we end up a game with 99 potions xD

But yeah, fair.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood
Any weapon with a skill attached to it in this world is worth a lot more than a skill crystal, due to the high failure rate from people not knowing about skill slots. They could if they wanted to attach the skill to the club, sell the club when it's time to upgrade and probably have enough money from it to buy another 5 or so skill crystals of the same type.

I honestly have been enjoying this a lot more of late! Adding a new character/harem member was a great way to make this more interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
can't say im a fan of the loli but as long as i can witness roxanne my heart is filled

@Goldenzeal
more so out of fear thanks to roxanne and Sherry "persuasion sessions"
what happened during those sessions?

Dex-chan lover
@Ainz

Honestly, I don´t remember...
It could be that I forgot about it.
But on the other hand, it could also have been the family mafia coming to the rescue.
And by that I mean they pull her into another room and she comes out 25 minutes later and regrets everything she has ever done.

But again, I don´t really remember course it's been 2 years or so since I read it.
I just remember it was them who did it somehow, and she was super jumpy for the next arc whenever they were around.

Dex-chan lover
@mmvsbb Indeed. If the dude had actually found an affordable way to procure skill crystals, it would be okay. However, for the time being they are few and far between, so it would seem insane to waste one on the cheapest of the cheap wooden clubs or Roxanne's low quality scimitar, which was bought when Michio was wanting for money.

Supporter
@Kaarme I got tired of having to wait a month for the next chapter so I started reading the WN. The good news is that skill crystal availability is no longer an issue. The bad news is that there are so many more problems with the storyline. :)

Users who are viewing this thread