Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Dream's Slave and the Slave of the Dream III

Dex-chan lover
i’ve always been curious as to how that guardian looks like.

But damn, i forgot how much of an idiot dia was.

Group Leader
Cool, so the girl is literally retarded and the guy just goes along with that, not caring about the possible risks.

Dex-chan lover
@metincan3606 usually the proper reason would be that you are actually unable to do anything more. Sure he might be able to kill one or two or even all of them, but what are the odds that they would not be able to wound you in return? Or target your companion? Or flee and ensure that they can damage you where you can't protect (friends/family/social standing)? Or simply flee and claim you lost a fight recorded near the line, so she owe them her body (I couldn't see a Line where they verified the contests result, and afaik monsters wouldnt show up if it was there either).

The whole chapter felt stupid imo, noone would actually ever agree to such a bet (not to mention author seems to have forgotten she is pretending to be male? Probably easier for a male to earn the money by dungeon delving than with their body, unless their culture is secretly very different than ours and author forgot to tell us). And this is true for both sides, it is obvious noone would ever bet all their money like that, so it is just as obvious they intended to shirk the deal if they lost.

Dex-chan lover
@feha and @Kamikoto at a different time, if the character were a different person, this quality would make her the main protagonist, and relatable as a hero. Her need to be recognized, is very similar to characters like Marty McFly, who get themselves into danger they are normally smart enough to avoid, just because you imply they are cowards. "Don't ever call me a chicken!"

the same scene as the last page of the vol, novel style:

7.png

you guys are going all hurr durr he should or shouldn't have let those guys go away when I forgot these guys even existed since the time I read the novel. really, that whole scene was just a drop of water in a ocean. just look forward to what happen next

Dex-chan lover
how is mc so sure he "won't be seeing them again?" and didn't Dia say he was a boy in a previous chapter?

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch Even THIS chapter talked about how Dia was a boy, yes.

Thugs are dense though, is the thing I suppose. As is the MC, and lots of other people. Judging by cover.

@sora_L_doomsday what volume does this chapter refer to in the novel

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/aim-the-deepest-part-of-the-different-world-labyrinth-ln/?pg=7

https://www.readlightnovel.org/aim-the-deepest-part-of-the-different-world-labyrinth

Double-page supporter
@captain_crunch since i guess the thing about deserting a duel being a crime, and the dudes not paying so they can't really stay in the country anymore right ?

Group Leader
I thought they were the party group from chapter 1 for a moment, but they’re different people. Still, I would have liked to see him kill them and take their loot...they did agree to pay everything after all. And since they’re criminals in the eyes of the country’s line, it should be no problem too.

@KingRagnarok150

this is still the first volume, a bit in the middle of it. the ln has more than 13 vols and ongoing.

https://ridwantrans.wordpress.com/2...uu-no-saishinbu-wo-mezasou-vol-1-chapter-3-7/

here is the link for the end of this chapter in the novel. the first vol is a bit on the bad side translation wise but a new translator do pick this up and it get a good smooth translation from there

I don't wanna spoil anything but guys, this is some good stuff you have yet to see the true face of this novel, you're still at the prologue
also do check the novel's art and illustration, they're gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread