Isekai Mofumofu Cafe - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

It's not that deep mate, as long as the commentary is non-intrusive and to a minimal its fine. Kind of weird to be talking about disrespectful to the author considering the kind of site this is but hey we all have our own opinions.

Dex-chan lover
A question for the scanlator(s): Have you ever been in a movie theater, and someone behind you was offering their insightful commentary out loud about what they were seeing? I want you to think about that, because putting your own commentary in the page is basically the same. It's disrespectful to the author, and perhaps more importantly it's disrespectful to the audience.
Put your thoughts and feeling on a separate page so that people can choose to read if it they want.
i don't think they're as intrusive as some other notes/authors meme translations but there's always tree's translations too (tho they seem to use an aggregator site/no known origin where they directly upload to)

Group Leader
A question for the scanlator(s): Have you ever been in a movie theater, and someone behind you was offering their insightful commentary out loud about what they were seeing? I want you to think about that, because putting your own commentary in the page is basically the same. It's disrespectful to the author, and perhaps more importantly it's disrespectful to the audience.
Put your thoughts and feeling on a separate page so that people can choose to read if it they want.
I'm perfectly fine with commentary during a movie as long they aren't doing it every other scene (kinda like how I'm not doing it every other page?). Don't worry though, I'll make sure my "1 line of commentary text" in the next 2k+ lines of text is more noticeable this time! I promise! :D

Dex-chan lover
As someone with a puppy cerberus profile icon I, too, would be ascending if I could tame and pet them. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
eeeewwww, people still complaining on free stuff? Bro/Sis beggars can't be choosers, or just wait for a good giving Samaritan Scanlator that comply on your demands. I'm not one of the people got disrespected from occasional TL Notes from scanlators, so don't be offended for the likes of us, when all of us are just consuming the same free stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, we need an Official Zabuton Plushie first
i mean, idk if they're under the same publisher but that series is prolly popular enough to where it could be requested since it did get an anime (tho i wouldn't be surprised if it'd be hard to get outside of japan lol)

Dex-chan lover
I love how we get decent translators with good raws willing to do free stuff sometimes. And then sometimes we get some people who take small joke like giant dicks, way to hard.
If we got into it about disrespecting the authors none of us would be in the right since we are all essentially pirating these works, some translation groups are more legal than us since they buy their raws.

Group Leader
I get my raws for free but I do make sure the raw is as high a quality as possible simply because it helps me when doing OCR which in turn allows me to get an overall better translation and provide a higher quality release. And it's because they're free I don't really intend to ever ask for donations. Even if I did, all of it would go towards paying a proper translator since I'm far from one myself lol. In the case of my releases, it's more that my PR/understanding of English is high enough to be able to fix the jargon that DeepL gives me lmao. I also cross reference with the novels a lot as well as a way to sort of double check myself when translating. I haven't had complaints that my translations are god-awful so I guess I must be doing something right in that regard at least lol.

And I agree with the disrespecting part. It's a cold, hard fact. Calling me out about disrespecting the author with my "occasional" commentary is in itself pointless when my entire release is already disrespectful in a way. lol

Users who are viewing this thread