Isekai Mofumofu Cafe - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
These cats seem unrealistic. Where is the air of superiority, the mixture of mild contempt and indifference that's only set aside convenient for them (when they want food/attention)? I can buy the magic, cat gods transporting people to new worlds and stuff but the cats just feel wrong.

i think its better to keep the original name, rather than translate it to en

Dex-chan lover
Thanks!

These cats seem unrealistic. Where is the air of superiority, the mixture of mild contempt and indifference that's only set aside convenient for them (when they want food/attention)? I can buy the magic, cat gods transporting people to new worlds and stuff but the cats just feel wrong.
well the cat god is pretty chill tho it's good that they have a variety of personalities since luke is the resident 'tsundere' which ppl have described cats as tho any 'haughtiness' would be overwhelmed by Luke's noble prescence/intimidation lol

idk how many non tamers have any 'pets' otherwise but they mostly live on their own so i imagine they wouldn't be in contact with humans otherwise, who knows , maybe these cats get to be born as regular human world cats to live in pampered homes if they pass

Arts' cat seemed pretty cat like when his sister was trying to calm them down

And I think Ume is fine since Taichi named it after a specific flower/plant in japan versus something like "Rose/Bara" but Plum-chan can sound cute too , i'm surprised one wasn't named mochi (tho i guess they aren't all named yet but i imagine since the forest cats have flowers on them they'll be more nature-y/floral in names)

Dex-chan lover
Adding onto what the person before me said, they've also been trapped in their burrow for long enough to be on the verge of starvation, so I'd figure they'd be pretty humble at this point

Dex-chan lover
There are european plum variants called Mirabelle and Victoria plums, but in this case I think naming it Ume for specifically a japanese plum is perfect.

Dex-chan lover
Huh i wonder if Ume is just older or more plwerfull than the others seeing how they can speak.

Dex-chan lover
MV5BMTY3NTMzMDc4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc0OTgxOQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR149,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I imagine putting up airs like that isn't really a good idea when there's a big-ass wolf king, who just took down the thing that has terrorizing your hometown, next to the person you are talking to.

Dex-chan lover
Why stop at not using "clowder" and outright saying you won't be using any of the more interesting synonyms, like "destruction" as in "a destruction of cats"?
I would imagine that "destruction" is what will happen to everything on shelves once they get back to Taichi's place.

Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread