Isekai Monster Breeder - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Group Leader
@Nep "Pokemon was boring" I strongly disagree, Pokemon is fun as fuck. It's so fun coming up with janky teams or movesets.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your hard work. (And best of luck with your AFK hard work.)

The merging stuff rules out Pokemon, but still allow Monster Rancher & MegaTen series.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@DrHizzle The first time? Yes. But after the 5th time I got bored because of the unchanging plotline. So much so that my best Pokexperience is... I think it was Zeta? It had a more engaging plot which *SPOILERS CENSORSHIP* and while I usually don't like Fakemon, RizeFlygon was fun to 'see and encounter'
latest

Its a RizeGreymon if you didn't notice.

Also this is about the system. "Pokemon" is 'boring' since they have fixed tiers/purpose universally. A Charizard is going to a fire/flying (still salty its not a dragon) for the rest of its fictional life. As for "Monster Rancher", you can evolve them in 'weirder ways'. Goblin->Goblin knight is still boring but it may be possible to fuse Goblin + Goddess

(Though I would definitely play Pokemon again if they gave us a tortoise Pokemon that can use Fly and Hyper/Solarbeam. Then I can name it Syrup.)

Dex-chan lover
@Nep

I feel like part of the fun of Pokemon is the emergent storylines, particularly if you set limits on yourself. Of course, that's not how the game was designed to be played, but imagine playing a game using just one Pokemon... For example, in Red, I decided I was going to beat the game with just a Ratata which I would later evolve into a Radicate, so it felt pretty awesome when I smoked the Elite Four with what's sometimes considered a junk Pokemon.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge

I played HeartGold and hacked it to give me a Shiny Torchic (Because I thought Torchic was cute. Also got it to be shiny while I was at it) Then i finished HeartGold with just that one Torchic (unevolved). (HM pokemons not included and removed them for elite 4)

Dex-chan lover
@_coon_feetus_yeet

It was not possible.
If it was he would have gotten it as an option when he tried to combine wolf with the others.

Considering you need to mix a elite goblin and a elite goblin to get a goblin knight, monsters should have "tiers of power"
So he likely needs something with a similar power level of a goddess to combine with her.

Dex-chan lover
>Bet nothing his ability is literally being able to capture anything without question

Well I guess you win nothing, because this was confirmed when he caught the goddess. And in ch. 3 she confirmed it would even work on humans.

Dex-chan lover
Oooh, arrow piercing and blood spatter.
That's kinda adultish. Come on, I still need to see the Ecchi tag at play.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad the translators understand the appeal of a gobbo goddess.

Double-page supporter
Oh no she's hurt and the only way to save her is to use the capture ball's healing ability!
How convenient lucky, now he gets to add a girl to his slave harem but the circumstances makes it less morally questionable!

Users who are viewing this thread