Isekai ni Kita Boku wa Kiyoubinbode Subayasa Tayorina Tabi wo Suru - Vol. 4 Ch. 31

Group Leader
Quite often people who travel to an Isekai have a "Language" skill which enables them to talk to the locals or communicate meaning through magic making the actual words used irrelevant, sometimes this means they can actually speak to any sentient being (like speaking all the languages in the world in I Got Transferred in the Middle of a Mountain or speaking to the Dragons in Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival)

There are a few series that delve into what that actually means for the person, and they often end up 'hearing' or 'seeing' a convenient translation to their own language (Jap/Korean/etc) based on their knowledge/experience. With such an in-universe explanation I have no issue with the use of the word 'Tank'

The local language stuff is almost always weird tho (particularly weird examples are Isekai Smartphone and Isekai Meikyuu de Harem)

P.s. Lorexen, thank you from me too for picking this back up, I read the novel but am still looking forward to reading the Manga.
He technically keeps calling him shield bearer, but he using it in like the way you'd say tanks in mmo in Japanese, I felt that him being a "Gamer" in his previous life, that would fit, also the fact in this chapter he asks about the tank, there is also like a implied pause but who he was talking about to rex. :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Really happy to see this updated again, I forgot how much I enjoyed this series. Also the chemistry between our two main characters is so great.

Double-page supporter
Glad to see you back! I love this couple and I'm so glad they've acknowledged their feelings!

Dex-chan lover
enables them to talk to the locals or communicate meaning through magic making the actual words used irrelevant
😑 hmmm.... fair point. This manga never makes it clear if it's an auto-translate or if the new world just happens to speak the same language... but an auto-translate would make a lot more sense.

I'm not sure about Isekai Meikyuu de Harem being a "local language" situation. In his character creation, he chose the language he speaks... it might be an auto-translate situation only for languages chosen during character creation, or maybe the language was installed in his brain in such a way that he doesn't realize he's not speaking Japanese anymore. But maybe there's so many worlds to choose from, that he was sent to one where the language he chose just happened to be identical to Japanese. I don't remember the author making any definite statements on how it works in that story.

Also, my current fav "speak to any sentient being" example is Potion Danomi de Ikinobimasu! First conversation she has in the new world is asking a squirrel directions to town. (or in the Anime it's hearing a couple birds having a political conversation about the royal family.)

So far the anime is pretty close to how I imagined while reading the manga, and the share dance was super adorable.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure about Isekai Meikyuu de Harem being a "local language" situation.
Fair point back to you, as it does does sometimes depend on which version you are referring to as to whether/how this is addressed. For Isekai Meikyuu:

In the LN Volume 1 Chapter 1 Part 3: "I glanced at him when he finished talking. Even though the language setting was that Brahim or whatever, the first word was totally incomprehensible to me, but with every next word I could understand what he was saying more clearly."

Suggesting to me that is is an auto translation.

In the WN I don't remember it being directly addressed, at least not at the beginning :
"「××××××××××」
「I don’t understand what you are saying」
「Pardon me sir. Do you speak Brahim?」
「That’s right」
「Oh. As expected. That’s an adventurer for you」"

My brain tells me he did something like looking at their lips and seeing a mismatch between what he heard and their lip movements at some point in one of the versions, but that could be another series or the LN...

I believe the Manga follows the WN on this one, interesting as most of the other elements follow the LN. I can't remember if/how the Anime addressed the language point at all (I don't think it did as I have a vague memory of the language barrier being a part of what isolated him, and what motivated him to buy Roxanne, and think I even posed on the MAL forum about it)...

I believe there are also scenes about him trying to learn to read from Roxanne with very little success, though I can't remember whether it was common or Brahim, and in which version it appeared. I also remember him asking about Kanji and Roxanne explaining to him that the Identity Card which comes out appears in a language you understand, though again I cannot remember in which version(s) that scene appeared.

Having said that, when he teaches Roxanne the incantation for "Beast Attack" when they are facing off against Pan on floor 7 in the labyrinth of the first town he talks about "Making it (the incantation) rhyme" so I'm not even sure if the author has it solidly defined in-universe in all versions/across versions. Equally it could be a TL issue in one or more versions English TL.

Sorry for the long post, I've dorked out about the languages in Japanese isekai content since the first time I saw the DanMachi Anime (even though that's not even "isekai" isekai lol).

Dex-chan lover
it does does sometimes depend on which version you are referring to
Ah, I didn't know the LN was different. I've only seen the version over at ncode.syosetu.com/n4259s/ and the manga here. (and the anime, but I think I was disappointed and mostly blocked it from memory.)
he talks about "Making it (the incantation) rhyme"
Yeah this is why I was thinking the language was either installed in his brain, or he was sent to a world where brahim was identical to japanese. It wouldn't make sense to make rhymes in japanese before it's auto-translated into a different language.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I believe, they are working with the generic "swords and magic genre" and there's always been High damage absorption/avoidance with lower damage type of class, typically called a "tank" no relation to vehicle other then ability to take a hit and still keep ticking.

Dex-chan lover
Hello, everyone! I'm back to translating this series after a two-year hiatus. I apologize for my prolonged absence. I will be working on translations during my downtime from work, as I now own my own business. The release speed may be somewhat sporadic, but I want to assure you that to complete chapters 24 to 30, it took me three weeks, which is roughly two chapters a week. I'm playing catch-up, but please understand that it's not a guarantee. My plan is to release at least once a month, but it will likely be more frequent than that. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everyone who still enjoys this series.
I'm late in saying this, but thank you for bringing this back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread