Isekai ni Otosareta… Jouka wa Kihon! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Aggregator gang
@Chrona

The difference is that the Pagans couldn't do anything with their understanding of lightning. Today, we can manipulate electricity to do amazing things for us. And that's only because of the objective knowledge of electricity that we have.

These isekai authors want to pretend that even without a fundamental understanding of any concept, you can just imagine whatever you want (yeah I'm sure purification magic looks like a bunch of vines) and automatically get the result you want.

This is like if you started programming, and you just type "main{ create (goodgame.exe) }" and expected Ghost of Tsushima to pop out. And that's the kind of world that this author dreams about.

Fed-Kun's army
@Aretheus
The difference is that the Pagans couldn't do anything with their understanding of lightning. Today, we can manipulate electricity to do amazing things for us. And that's only because of the objective knowledge of electricity that we have.

Ah, so you're more concerned with engineering and the results instead of the actual understanding of phenomena. Tell me, do we not understand how gravity works because we can't manipulate it like we do electricty?

And for a counter-example, do you think ancient Israelites understood how germs work in order to decide to throw lepers into pits away from society?

Double-page supporter
Lol, some people in the comment section are getting salty and defensive for some weird reason. Eat a lamp and lighten up, it's just a story o/

Aggregator gang
@Chrona

Our understanding of gravity is quite lacking so I'm not quite sure what point you're making with that. And by all means, magic in these stories is treated as if it were a science, with research academies and whatnot. But exclusively with the main character, it becomes an art instead.

And understanding the idea of disease is more of a raw instinct than anything else. It's why we consider things "gross" or "disgusting". A better example would be if an ancient israelite just imagined a "clean" person and was magically able to make medicine.

At the bare minimum, when the author claims that fantasy magic is written using a language from Earth, I can accept that even if it's really contrived. But claiming that your proficiency in magic is entirely tied to your imagination makes my eyes glaze over, and makes my finger hover over the 1 star button.

I actually really like how comfy the premise of this is. There's no horribly convoluted plot of weird skills and world ending conspiracies. Just some out-of-context guy with max stats who doesn't know anything, slowly purifying the end level zone of an RPG and making animal friends along the way. Very wholesome. Hopefully it gets more updates.

Looks promising. Hopefully no damsel in distress situation to ruin it up.

Users who are viewing this thread