Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Ch. 243 - Death Ball (3)

Dex-chan lover
No, i don't think it's that the leather isn't tough...
That's a dragon, you know? And Kuro's fangs aren't normal either.
The rabbits are the least dangerous animals around and even they're chewing through it like paper once they're immobilized. While it's probably pretty decent to great anywhere else, in the Forest of Death it's just low-tier material.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. For me, somebody would've had to really screw up frying/roasting the potatoes for this to be the case...
It kinda makes sense, in a way, since spiders liquefy their prey's juices and slurp it up like a slushy; potato salad (or mashed potatoes, which is what it more closely resembles with the simplified art style) is closer to their normal fare than baked potatoes or french fries.

Dex-chan lover
It probably is tough, and valuable on a global level, but that doesn't make it useful for the village. Considering it is based on armadillos it's likely an annoying material to work with, neither pliable nor stiff. So it won't be good for things you want leather or cloth for because it's not that flexible and oddly formed, and it won't be good for things you want stiff scale for because it's too pliable. There probably are great ways to use it, but the village has superior options in spider thread and dragon scales in excess. So trying to develop the techniques to properly use the hide will just produce a product that is worse than the other options they have and waste time.

Dex-chan lover
Spear upgrade eh...
He ends up with 2 things:
1. Smaller spear (instead of this big lance) made using dragon scale mixed into metal.
2. Explosive javelin made using the dogs' horn (they're inert normally, but when there's 'intent' to use magic they become active and explode on impact)
(it's strong enough to even break Hakuren's scale)

The angels got a fair bit addicted to throwing those explosive javelins...

Dex-chan lover
Potatoes for life.

I think baked with butter is probably the best way. But variety is good. A good mash is great too.

Those death balls are either indestructible or paper, depending on who attacks them, nothing in between.

Dex-chan lover
I also wonder if, while alive, they circulate magic through the shell to make it tougher while they roll

Dex-chan lover
The rabbits are the least dangerous animals around and even they're chewing through it like paper once they're immobilized. While it's probably pretty decent to great anywhere else, in the Forest of Death it's just low-tier material.

They also aren't normal rabbits, though. That's like, the murder rabbit from the holy grail and the black knight.
An angel with a solid metal lance couldn't pierce it...

Dex-chan lover
aOGFd8t.png

\o/ party \o/

Users who are viewing this thread