Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Vol. 5 Ch. 100 - Got Used To? (2)

Dex-chan lover
He just keep selfdestructing, isn't he?
Now he would be famous for asking everyone if they can be crossbred with him, lol

hm... he litteraly just asked "is it safe to f*ck"
the answere he get from both was, "yes"

Dex-chan lover
He can never get a break it seems... locked in the eternal struggle.

Dex-chan lover
His harem's already too big.
I think at this point the author realized he might've gone overboard with the sexual aspect of the story.

Light:
He realizes that his family isn't nuclear and that he can't play as big a role in his children's life as he wants to.
He actually wants to be a cool dad, but the moms and oni-maids are doing all the raising.

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01 : It's not helping that his words, especially for those who's used to nobles' way of talking, can be read as asking/threatening for sex.
In ch 101 all the waifu squad basically agreed it's his fault.

And it's the dwarf who's explaining why those newcomers are reacting so extremely like that.
First he pretend there's a scenario where the MC want to kick the dwarves out.
If so, he has to consider that if he kick them out, there'll be no more drinks made by them and the others would be dissatisfy causing instability.
So rather than kicking them out, it's better to leave them here.
Thus, in a sense the dwarves are paying for their stay here by making alcohols.

And there's a panel giving a rundown of how the current residents have some such work. (Hakuren is lumped with the spiders and wolves on the 'no need to say' group lol)
like the elves being in charge of hunting/construction
mountain elves blacksmithing

But basically everyone in the taiju village all had, or made, a good reason for them to be able to stay.
Those newcomers don't feel they have such thing so they're worried whether one day he'll change his mind and kick them out.

Dex-chan lover
A common theme of all isekai; everyone but the MC is really dumb. Alternatively, every female in isekai that speaks to the MC tend to be inherently horny for them. While he already knocked up two girls, he's gonna need a strong chastity belt to prevent any "accidents" with the others. Especially the centaurs; dude's gonna get crushed if that progresses any further.

If you're trying to avoid that, then best to just leave it hanging until it becomes relevant or ask someone else that's knowledgeable instead bro.

Dex-chan lover
@LordOmnit
I think that's kind of irresponsible. If a relationship starts w/o that information being available prior someone could really be hurt emotionally.

@Werebearguy
I mean... the most generic isekai Wiseman's grandchild doesn't even fit your common theme. I don't know what you've been reading, but incompetent side characters is not a staple in isekai. Heck it's legit the opposite in Re:Zero. Every female character falling for the MC is also not even a thing. Usually isekai MCs get A LOT of girls, but there's always quite a few that don't get romantic development as well. I mean even here where the harem is stupid large, the MC does nothing to the lamia. Harem makes sense for socially intelligent heroic figures imho, but even then it's not as ridiculous ubiquitous as people make it out to be. Grimgar of Fantasy and ash doesn't have one. Overlord doesn't have one. Botsuraku Youtei (i'm gonna link this cause it's REALLY good) doesn't have one. That's ignoring isekai with female MCs like bookworm as well.

SGR

Double-page supporter
@TitanAnteus
On the topic of harem - this one is particularly well done as it is not a form of titillation for the reader but rather seems to be a logical side effect of the MC's OPness, which is yet to be fully explored (like the "perfect" statues of god being just a side note). I expect it to be either just physical perfection and exact symmetry (making him subconsciously the best possible mate) or perhaps god wanting to take things to the next level and planting him as a seed of achieving a more peaceful (and cross-bred) world.

Regardless Werebearguy is still incorrect here - this MC here subverts the tropes he listed: the MC is the most naive and dumb character in his tribe - a straightforward subversion; literally every female in the cast wants to have his babies and is totally into him for no reason at all - lampshaded to the point of absurdity.

As for the examples you've mentioned, I'd strongly disagree about Overlord. Harem is not just about fucking - it is also about being the center of affection. The MC is often oblivious to that existing or fumbles through resisting them urges. Overlord in particular has a three-piece harem already: Shaltear, Deadeye, Albedo being the mains but also Aura to some extent. This is bound to expand and the fact that the MC ignores his harem doesn't make it go away. As for female mc'd isekai - I agree they tend to be less haremy, but there's still reverse-harem aplenty - especially in otome-based ones.

Users who are viewing this thread