Isekai Nonbiri Nouka

This is actually fine. The MC isn’t a dense dickhead, I hate mcs that shy away at girls, this guy have some reservations but he’s not scared of women either, considering he married like 60 of them so yeah

Fed-Kun's army
I read to ch 46. each and every chapter is just an information dump. It may be laid back in the sense that it is lazily written. There is an obscene amount of telling and not enough showing. A story without a plot is like a hamburger without a patty. Writing a story without a plot is not some kind of method or style, its just bad and boring. There is no conflict at all, no resistance, just constant progress.

This is very wholesome for me cause this is literally for those who are in love of slice of life type manga
although I would like if they more action in the manga nonetheless its a 10/10 for me xD

Dex-chan lover
This is basically the most Slice of Life you could get really, this is just a chill read, don't expect too much confrontation nor the usual story writing progressions.

People who scream for plot should just find another manga that suits their tastes, it didn't really start with the aspect of having some form of objective nor conflict so there's no need to dramatize anything, the concept is already in the title itself.

There's no real purpose aside from territory/population expansion and slice of life, don't go looking for things that never existed, it's those type of read.

It is official, i am bored, i drop the Manga!!! It began SOOO good, but now, it is boring as if you watch paint dry

Dex-chan lover
I'm fine with a slow slice of life story that isn't loaded with action or drama, but the thing that bugs me about this is that even things that should be fun are approached with all the enthusiasm of watching paint dry. It's all "and this happened. And it's fine. And that happened. and it's fine. And then all this stuff. And that's fine too."

The MC even had kids and it's treated as such a blase afterthought that it doesn't seem to matter. The only real purpose of the story is to keep charting out the structure and population of the village or announce that they now do something else. There's a comment from a few posts ago that's right: it's just info dump after info dump. instead of making a big event out of something, we just get snippets while the MC narrates to us what was happening with only the mildest of attention. Oooh they have centaur people now. and life goes on. and now there's a festival that gets a ton of attention on a sliding down the hill event in brief snippets. and things move on. I know the author isn't going for high stakes drama, but it feels like there's just no investment in anything that happens. Even something that should like the events of the most recent chapter where they were making a medicine to help someone with an illness. It's all so matter-of-fact and distant.

If it weren't for the fact that there are separate people doing the writing and art, I'd almost assume this was written by an illustrator who had a cool idea and could draw it well, but doesn't know the finer points of structuring a story. Because a good writer can make even seemingly bland events entertaining with the write setup and dialogue. This is just the writing equivalent of "this is fine" crossed with one of those learn-to-read books like "see Dick run. Run Dick, run. Dick has a blue ball. He plays with the blue ball with Jane. Dick and Jane have fun with the blue ball."

I'm all for something relaxed and slow-paced but I'm shocked it's been able to sustain itself for 140+ chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This is basically using the same storytelling format as Re:Monster. So after 30-40 chapters it'll feel stale.

Dex-chan lover
The anime and the manga are like oil and water. I'll check the LN later to check which one is the better adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Man... I wish the original source was like the anime. The anime helped a lot with the pacing and toned-down the "sex". I really don't like that the girls want to jump on MC's stick, seconds after meeting him. The manga it's the most faithful adaptation btw.

Dex-chan lover
The anime and the manga are like oil and water. I'll check the LN later to check which one is the better adaptation.
got source for the LN? EN tl preferably, i did find JP version, but cant read that 😅

Users who are viewing this thread