Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 10 Ch. 49

Aggregator gang
man... i wonder when's the next update... this is the only manga i care about at this moment

Fed-Kun's army
man... i wonder when's the next update...

According to "the internet" they had a bit of a 'mare with the previous team leader's life getting in the way and him having to either quit or step-back. It was nearly dropped altogether (may have been at some point) but another guy stepped in at the 11th hour to save the day. They then had to recruit new people for the team, which has lead to a delay. Apparently they finished 49.5 a short while back, so that might be imminent. Of course all that could be wrong, because internet, but it is some good news.

Dex-chan lover
I felt Ojisan's pain when Sawae equated Nintendo to Sega...but then she mentioned [Love and Berry], which was a hybrid TCG/dress-up/rhythm, cheap coin-op game made by Sega; targeted towards little girls in the early 2000s. The collectible cards had a barcode on the side, which would be swiped on a reader in the middle of the machine. Each card was a dress-up component - hair, makeup, outfit, and shoes. Players are scored on their outfit coordination, after which they get to choose a stage - different settings come with different bgm. Rhythm game ensues. Players are then judged on their rhythmic performance. The gameplay loop is ridiculously simple. There's no competitive identity/backbone to the game. There's no in-game incentive to get better. All it was - was being able to flex to the other children that you could dress the titular characters up better and that you got a better score than everyone else.

Alongside Love and Berry was Mushiking, which was another hybrid game, based off the same chassis, targeted towards boys, but instead had beetle-pro-wrestling in the form of rock paper scissors. Compared to L&B, Mushiking was much more easily defined as competitive. Some might even say it predated p2w gacha mechanics before they were called that. There are beetle cards, and there are technique cards. Beetle cards are like your character select. Each beetle has different stats. Technique cards were the moves that your beetle would execute if you won at a round of digital RPS. Different moves have different damages, but certain moves have certain synergies/multipliers with certain beetles, which then forces a dichotomy between balanced builds and rock/paper/scissors-leaning builds, which then leads to a deeper level of strategy at the 6-year old competitive level.

Because of how cheap, accessible, and easy to grasp these games were, they were ubiquitous in both department stores as well as mom-and-pop corner stores across Japan in the early 2000s. In my opinion, it was a great way for children to enjoy the fun of inperson, adhoc arcade gaming without the fear of going to the more grown-up oriented arcades, which had (comparatively) scarier games like Maximum Tune, Initial D Arcade Stage (Vol. 3), Third Strike, KOF, beat/guitar/drummania, and the like.

Dex-chan lover
damn i wish that was me, i would suck the poison hell out of her pussy

Dex-chan lover
Nooooo! Not the console wars "no!", but misunderstanding "no!"

Dex-chan lover
LOVE AND BERRY REFERENCE HELL YEAH!!!

To anyone that doesn't know! Love and Berry was an old arcade dress up and rhythm game, in which every new game would dispense a collectible outfit card. Players can then swipe their outfit cards to dress up the protagonists Love or Berry according to several pre-made events. After dressing up, players have a rhythm game where they press a button in time with a set song.
They later released a DS version, which comes with a card reader that can be used to swipe the arcade collectible cards into the DS game.

It's a very popular game from my childhood~

Wait, hasn't he noticed that Sega doesn't have any more consoles, even though he surfs the internet and buys used consoles and accessories?

Users who are viewing this thread