Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

Aggregator gang
why do elf , mabel , and uncle keep going their separate ways and meeting back up after time skips? i thought they would be hanging out together a lot

can you repaste the link in the comments, it says video unavailable for me

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@yellanha
mabel is too much of a neet https://mangadex.org/chapter/901007/32 . this isn't entirely her fault because her family tradition had her just stay in one room for most of her life to give the frost sword to a hero, but uncle broke tradition because he didn't need the frost sword: https://mangadex.org/chapter/609590/13 https://mangadex.org/chapter/805334/7

uncle also tends to run away from elf because he thinks of her as a bully https://mangadex.org/chapter/677295/24 , and elf is too tsun to truly tell uncle she wants to travel with him together.

@psicot not gonna lie I felt nostalgic and melancholy about the song even though I never played Sega games before. Probably the 90s tune but damn I understand how the uncle felt.

Dex-chan lover
YcbVSSc.jpg

Dex-chan lover
In the peak of Playstation 1, i already do that, playing the game cd on as an audio disc on the PS1 and its fun...

So, some anon pointed to my retarded ass that I hadn't used any tool to reduce the file size, that should have been corrected by now. I've also uploaded a new upscaled version of chapter 28.

If that anon sees this, I would also be grateful if he could send me a message explaining what the other part of his post was so I may also work on it

Must admit I'm no a fan of dissing people's work to make yours shine... Especially when you didn't even translate it yourself and stole use translation of other peoples. Plus, the translation isn't that "superior" to the other, the wording is different but the meaning and the overall sense of the story stay the same. Well you took your time to redraw the song so I'll give you that.

@Bicsous
Well, I believe that my only "dissing" has been, quoting: "Which (translation) I believe is superior the already uploaded MTL one" which is something that I still believe in as it is not just the wording that changes but the overall grammar and proofreading, something that even an ESL like myself can notice. Also, I wouldn't say "stole" when the translator even helped me by pointing me on how to "transcribe" the song into beeps and all that instead of just using the raw "papepo" translation.

Also, this has nothing to do with the translation but I believe my last two chapters (my first one is specially shitty) are also a bit better on the typesetting front, this isn't something that you usually pay attention to while reading, as the font pool is bigger, the SFX that were translated have been cleaned like in page 14, tried to replicate page 5's raw writing by applying the gradient and having both the spell and translation next to each other (Kilairodugdo is one word but, well, artistic license), applied some white stroke onto the memories' text, etc. You need to have seen the original raws for a long ass time to see all the changes on any release on any manga, this sounds awfully defensive but I gotta take pride in my work even if I get rightfully shitted on because of my bad cleaning.

And, this still sounds like dissing, but I've learnt by doing all of this kind of stuff that scanlating is a pretty hard thing to do and Oneesama surely had a harder job than mine as both translating + typesetting is a more difficult thing to do than just focusing on the last part. Stuff like that of our dear "Dead Elf Scans" put out is truly a lot of hard work on all fronts and I understand it a bit better after releasing these chapters, that's why even if I sound like I got some kind of rivalry with Oneesama (did sound like that in some of my posts) I can say that I respect all his hard work when nobody was releasing anything, even if the results aren't that much to my liking

Well, here's my wall of text, I wanted to talk about this stuff anyway.

@Psicot
You respect his work, but you're still dissing him. If you were so edgy about quality you could have offer some help I don't know...
Instead you went saying "Hey look I did better than him"... When the first thing you say to justify your work is this, well you just sound like a douchebag to me. Even if you had no ill intents. which I doubt somehow.
That you don't like his work fine by me. That you think you've done a better job fine by me. But if you have such pride on your work don't go around saying that kind of stuff. Let people see by themselves . If your work is good, people will acknowledge it no matter what.
Well, that was my point.

Btw, you cannot talk about the translation/grammar part cause you didn't do it. You can't even show that you'll have done better on the most important part.
Yeah typesetting cleaning/redrawing is good but that's just decoration, at least to me. And I don't expect great thing from a guy who started yesterday.
All that matter to me is the translation itself. I'll repeat myself but story wise nothing changed. I didn't get the feeling of understanding something I didn't while reading "yours".

So well, to me all that translation stuff is only you bragging that you can typeset better than Oneesama, which I don't think is a great feat.

@Bicsous
So many wrong things...
The only thing that is supporting all you're saying is me writing on my first page ever the reason why I made a very basic typesetting of some older translation that was uploaded and then deleted because it didn't follow Mangadex's typesetting standards (the red bubbles thing) and whose existance was pointed out to Oneesama on the general comments section of this manga before he uploaded his version. The " Hey look I did better than him" is: "Which (translation) I believe is superior to the already uploaded MTL one" that came after me telling everybody that it wasn't mine and that was followed by me writing a whole paragraph on why my typesetting/cleaning was shit (which is) and trying to get some real scanlators to pick this manga up. I mean, if you wanna make me some boogeyman because you think I wanted to brag about my "typesetting experience" when I did write that this was my first time ever using photoshop and everything I've learnt was in the span of a week then be my guest.

Also, sorry, but you can point out problems with the whole proofreading, people did with mine on chapter 27's comments and I uploaded new versions that tried to correct the errors that I made, this includes stuff like grammar, coherency, etc. There's some stuff that is required in a translation and everyone (and I did ask for everyone's help in this) has to point this kinds of things out.

At last, I don't feel like cleaning/typesetting is just "decoration", the use of different fonts to express different emotions, the author's artistic intentions and overall having a complete clean reading is extremely important and a lack of it makes the whole experience sunder. An undervaluation of this kind of thing is what made the original scanlators leave, and even if I'm all pro "freedom to upload", painting as mere "decoration" stuff like pic related that was done to replicate the original experience as close as possible just makes me sad.
x4.png

And yes, I still respect his work because I know how much time it takes to do something like he did, dammit, this chapter's last page is me saying to go read his afternotes because he put a lot of effort into it and I didn't want to leave it out.

Users who are viewing this thread