Isekai Ryouridou - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Start Of The Banquet

Double-page supporter
@EXISTCHESE

according to the author, munto are kinda like wild dogs who "cleans" the forest from dead animals and carcasses - a bit like vultures.
since they are at the lowest end of the food chain, to be compared to munto or munto feed is an insult, though they perform a useful role in the ecosystem

Double-page supporter
@phil777 Do the packaged meals you just put in the oven or microwave to heat count as cooking? They are pretty cheap and vary enough for a healthy diet

Dex-chan lover
@Solaz They do not. Cooking means working with ingredients, that you either procured/hunted/foraged yourself.

Double-page supporter
I like that funny and honest Dan Rutim. In the novel he becomes one of the best supporting character, together with his son.

Dex-chan lover
He is gonna end up forming a clan alliance with his cooking.

Aggregator gang
@Solaz

" Do the packaged meals you just put in the oven or microwave to heat count as cooking? They are pretty cheap and vary enough for a healthy diet "

packaged meal is healthy? i think i am the wrong universe. i think i'm just going to turn off my pc for now sleep and maybe when i came back i would be back home. to my own timeline.
where packaged meal is a packaged meal. not healthy it's just fast and convenient.

Double-page supporter
@Closedbox There is a wide variety of them, of course there are lot of them that are just junk food.

For example I would say a packaged meal of vegetables, nuts, and fruit could be said to be healthy as long as your not eating only that and depriving yourself of whatever vitamins/nutrients it doesn't have

Dex-chan lover
I still don't quite understand the point of this series, either. It doesn't actually seem to be going anywhere.
@Riger
The title itself says it - it's about cooking in another world. At this point, he's gaining the favor of the heads of two clans, which is a big deal considering where he is now. I guess the end game for this arc is that his clan will rise up and unite all the other clans - all from just the power of cooking.

I'm going to guess that the main characters will either leave the village and travel around the land once the arc ends or start dealing with new tribes/villages. It wouldn't make very much sense for them to just stay in one small village for an entire story.

Aggregator gang
@Solaz

a packaged meal of fruits and nuts and vegetables then you going to microwave them? the poor banana and grapes.. they will get burned by waves that cannot be seen by naked eye.

Double-page supporter
@Solaz

That's *technically* not cooking

And also not that *healthy* either

Oven i can accept if i were baking or roasting but using microwave daily you must be some basement dweller

Dex-chan lover
The two old men gonna make our protagonist become their wife.

Users who are viewing this thread