Isekai Teni Shita node Cheat wo Ika Shite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - I've Decided to Develop Magic

Dex-chan lover
that's not a staff. that's practically a wand. did the MC just basically indirectly invented a wand in that world?

Dex-chan lover
Is it actually 3 minutes? There is a panel which shows that its already night after fighting the wolves,

Fed-Kun's army
im so glad that this series doesnt have a long release delay like others, also im so fucking glad that kaede uses a sword and shield since i always thought its stupid to just use a sword whenever i read an isekai where MC only uses a sword, theres literally no reason not to use one since the pros out way the cons by ten fold, @Wolvenworks i guess so, its not like anyone else can use it though since it would require his ridiculous amount of mana and recovery to use it without collapsing from exhaustion

Dex-chan lover
@Titanfan548 IRL armor technology progressed to a point where shields were useless in most cases and you needed polearms to be able to crack open an armored knight.

You can hand wave that in settings where shields aren't common is due to the fact that either recovery, defensive magic, or material and armor science is advanced enough that more dakka is better.

Dex-chan lover
A wand is a good backup; but he might be more suited for a magical sword that procc’s after Int/MP/Wisdom

Dex-chan lover
Thats a long chapter, nice. Tho again, MC is showing way too many skills for too many people.

@Vincentius the issue is that by the time he was done, it was night. I cant seem to find the raws for this one to check by myself tho.

@Wolvenworks
it's all...creamy.
Just like your mom KEKW (its a joke, pls dont hate me)

I really like the pacing for this

Honestly, MC and their Ideals of not wanting attention is pretty dumb if it's not consistent. Proceeds to kill a horde of wolves then casually gonna hunt a huge armored lizard (specualation). Instead of reporting it to the guild/knights.

Overall, I'm really excited for more chapters to come!

The ‘staff’ is more like a ‘wand’ like the ones from Harry Potter.
“Yer a Wizard, Kaede”

Fed-Kun's army
Good thing size doesn't matter for our MC, it's the utility that counts. 😆

Even a Japanese hand has a grip of 8 cm minimum, you add 2 cm below and there is only 10 cm protruding from the hand with a 20 cm wand
Personally I would have taken a 30cm wand.
for 10 cm more, that's juste 1/3 more space, it's worth it with the * 5
and he doesn't have to hold it at the end, it's like the staff, he can hold it in the middle
when we see the forms of the staff and the explanation, it is normal to think that what matters is the total length, or the length of the circuit (because it is logical that no one is going to hold a staff like a wand, it's way too heavy), so it would be enough to have a staff twisted or circuit twisted on a staff/wand to reduce the length of the staff/wand by increasing the total length.
Or staff with flexible joints and attachments to the body

@Wolfwood824
Yes, but it's much lighter and more flexible, because it's fabric (even if you can see something that looks like metal, or leather on the forearms, hands)
and the defense applies wherever there is material, while the leather will not be everywhere on an armor
there is no leather armor, with protection under the arms for example, while the fabric will protect this area and for less weight and it will not hinder movement

(the flexibility of the material and the fact that the defense is of magic origin will make that an attack will be enveloped by the fabric, the contact zone will be greater, therefore the damage will be applied on this greater surface.
in this case even a sharp weapon will have a blunt effect, because the defense will apply over the entire contact surface, even if the edge cuts the tissue the sharp weapon will always be in contact with the defensive effect
in the end if we follow this logic a little rigidity (to spread the shock zone over the body) and padding underneath would be a good idea, rigid layer where it does not interfere with movement, gambeson on top with the same "magic" fabric but in a flexible gambeson, with only 5 layers for example)

@humbleoverlord
that is what I thought in the other chapter,
they did not yet have the technology (the dwarf said "tramping wrought iron does nothing" and steel has just been invented) and above all they have better materials available than steel, so that limits the desire for research

What is the font called used to list his Skills on page 62?

Users who are viewing this thread