Isekai Teni Shita node Cheat wo Ika Shite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - I've Decided To Make A New Weapon

Really enjoying this one so far, is there a translated version of the novel anywhere?

Dex-chan lover
@inKraken

why would it take more MP to run his staff idea?

I'm not sure I really understood the explanation either, but I'm guessing that casting a spell through a staff requires it to be fully charged with MP first. Then, if we assume that metal lizard material has very high magic density, it makes sense that it'd take a lot more MP to cast spells through such a staff.

Fed-Kun's army
Convenient knowledge is convenient. I guess they *did* mention in chapter one that he graduated college, but without knowing what he majored in, him knowing how to *make* coke is a bit Gary Stu-ish.

Dex-chan lover
Correct Ai-chan if Ai-chan is wrong, but isn't the reason mined coal lowers the quality of iron because it has sulfur which weakens iron if bonded to iron? Unless if they have anthracite, which is hard coal with very little sulfur content. And for that reason, charcoal is better because it doesn't have much sulfur.

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan From what I've read (since I was curious), coke is valued for having less sulfur content and less ash content. Like other materials, it comes in several grades, just like oil is on a crude - sweet scale. It's also valued on its physical durability, especially for usage in blast furnaces, since small shards of coke in the furnace is a no-no.

Really wonder why I never searched up "coke" before, considering it's one of the most important materials in my favorite MMO - Dungeon Fighter Online. I'd cornered the coke market on a particular server after getting a lucky drop and earning a cool 18 million. Because of the Auction Hall, and Cokes being so important, I turned that 18 million into 50+ million within a month of De Beers'ing the supply.

Double-page supporter
@inKraken the staff if I understand it right has to be charged to be used to so think of it like having its own mp pool in a way or like an electrical circuit so I think the design he wants is like having a high resistance circuit you have to put a lot in but less comes out so

Dex-chan lover
@Cavo : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-being-transferred-to-another-world-i-became-a-magical/

Double-page supporter
Coke
coca-cola.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Ah, coke. So very practical. It could be used as fuel. And when you're thirsty you could drink it.

@ShionSinX Could be, but we don't really see that level yet. There is not much politics involved yet and the materials aren't cheap enough to just equip every mage with it, but it could form an elite troop or a double class troop.

Dex-chan lover
> Sumisa-chan.... What a cute blacksmith she is.... Very talented....:D
If you notice, MC just called her Sumisa-chan, instead of -san, why? it might be she looks a lot of Loli.
If ever Sumisa was a proper lady, MC will call her still -chan, instead of -san, she was just that cute...

> When MC mentioned the Coke to Fuel-merchant-san, what im thinking instead is cocaine, not a fuel...

Dex-chan lover
@spawnknight I haven't played in a long time, but it was used as material for upgrading back in my day. To hit +15 on equipment, you'd need roughly 400 - 500 ryan cokes, and that's assuming you didn't fail the upgrade and went back a couple of tiers.

Dex-chan lover
@Assaultsquirt

Ah, I see. I knew you were referring to old school DFO. They stop that a long ass time ago.

BTW, did you know that Neople brought back the game? A whole lot of new stuff has been added to the game since Nexon ended support for it. You should check it out if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread