Isekai Ten'ishita Node Cheat wo Ikashite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Ch. 28.1 - I Decided to Join the Competition

Dex-chan lover
Water is literally comming up over the sides and front here.

Because water has surface tension, there's also adhesion with surfaces however slight, and the weight of the water is still going to push down on the raft for the moments of time it's in contact with the surface before it flows off.
Each time any wave pushes unto the raft and then down to flow off, it causes the raft to lose more and more stabilization, and losing its sea worthiness.

And as you may notice, it's not sinking by this weight of water you're making such a big deal about.

Except the characters said the complete opposite

Opposite about what? That the raft can be destroyed? I just said it might take more hits, not that it's fucking immune to fish.
Reading comprehension please.

So again it just comes off as you for some reason thinking that thick log better than 10cm of iron.

Better than you who keep coming off insisting a boat and flat raft would be as susceptible to sinking via a puncture hole for some unknown reason.

p.s. Edit button exist, there's no need to double post like a clown.

Dex-chan lover
The raft in image is floating 'flat', how the fuck would it be taking in water compare to boat if there's a hole? Do water in your imagination just somehow float above the raft and not spill off?

More like I don't understand why YOU are ignoring that issue.

Or are you somehow comparing other kind of raft and not the one actually shown?

Again, how would a log raft 'hold' water above its flat surface to increase its weight?

No, you're just being an idiot who misunderstood my words and somehow keep going with your own projection.

I never said log is stronger than iron, I'm just saying they're using the thickness of a log so that a single (or a few) hit from the fish doesn't immediately sink the raft.
the fish would go through a log that thick like it was paper if it can go through 10cm of iron

Dex-chan lover
And as you may notice, it's not sinking by this weight of water you're making such a big deal about.
Because I was explaining how it works in real life, since I can't make assumptions anymore that you understand that.
Opposite about what? That the raft can be destroyed? I just said it might take more hits, not that it's fucking immune to fish.
Reading comprehension please.
Exactly, the characters stated they're just asking to be sunk, because the fish can make holes through 10cm iron. That implies that the raft they're on can't even take a hit. So yes you should go improve your reading comprehension.

It's the whole point I linked those caps to you. Instead of yelling at me to improve my reading comprehension, maybe work on your own.
Better than you who keep coming off insisting a boat and flat raft would be as susceptible to sinking via a puncture hole for some unknown reason.

If you had paid attention, you'd have seen the fish's horn and realized that something that wide and able to pierce through 10cm of iron, would make big fucking hole.

That's also not taking into account that a raft lashed together with rope would shatter on the force of impact alone!

Now I wasn't talking about puncture holes, because the manga clearly depicts the fish with having at big damn horns. A "puncture hole" I'm assuming some small, tiny hole, isn't going to sink a boat faster than it'll sink a raft. The boat might sink in a few weeks if you're now insisting on "puncture holes".

A hole that can sink a boat, is going to pulverize a log raft.

So are you going to keep insisting that a monster with enough power to punch holes through 10cm of iron, is somehow going to do less damage to a raft than a boat, and that's why those adventuerers took a raft?

As opposed to the adventueres having no way of getting a boat themselves?

When you have no arguement, the insults come out.

In the context of what is being talked about, I can only interpret your actions as doubling down and inventing ways in which you could be possibly correct, but fail due to the established settings.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's the whole point I linked those caps to you. Instead of yelling at me to improve my reading comprehension, maybe work on your own.

Or maybe you should lay off with the 'realism' juice in a fantasy setting with magic.
And hey guess what
https://mangadex.org/chapter/fdc35e82-8470-415e-8ce5-15f8074676a0/9
For all the one girl complained/Kaede thinking otherwise, the fish didn't even seem to be aiming for the log.

Now I wasn't talking about puncture holes, because the manga clearly depicts the fish with having at big damn horns. A "puncture hole" I'm assuming some small, tiny hole, isn't going to sink a boat faster than it'll sink a raft. The boat might sink in a few weeks if you're now insisting on "puncture holes".

A raft that doesn't have space up top to hold water would somehow sink if there's a hole...that won't magically pull up water because that's now how water work....

A hole that can sink a boat, is going to pulverize a log raft.

Unless somehow you're confusing the material boats are made of, I'm pretty certain the raft here would be tougher then the boat shown in the flashback (looks to be wooden boat, which would be even thinner/more fragile than the log)

the manga clearly depicts the fish with having at big damn horns.

The irony of Mr. "Here's how it work in real life" thinking in fantasy term.

You do know real fish with those sort of horns don't actually torpedo into big objects?

Dex-chan lover
Or maybe you should lay off with the 'realism' juice in a fantasy setting with magic.
You're the one who tried to rationalize how a raft was supposed to stand up to something that could punch holes in iron. You didn't bring up magic, you just went, "Uh log thick so raft stronger than boat." FFS i was the one who brought up magic as a possible counter.

And hey guess what
https://mangadex.org/chapter/fdc35e82-8470-415e-8ce5-15f8074676a0/9
For all the one girl complained/Kaede thinking otherwise, the fish didn't even seem to be aiming for the log.
And so because the raft wasn't targetted is supposed to prove you right somehow? As opposed to the character baiting the monster instead?
I mean with as bad a take you had, I guess you'd have to fish for Ws from somewhere.
A raft that doesn't have space up top to hold water would somehow sink if there's a hole...that won't magically pull up water because that's now how water work....
The lack of reading comprehension strikes again! You somehow took what I said about a "boat" and turned it into a "raft" instead, and invented some random bs about water that I never said!

For your abilities I'd say that's a good try though.
Unless somehow you're confusing the material boats are made of, I'm pretty certain the raft here would be tougher then the boat shown in the flashback (looks to be wooden boat, which would be even thinner/more fragile than the log)
Timber used in shipbuilding are generally used from hard wood trees to make up the structurally important parts such as the keel and frames. Planking of the hull and the various parts and framework are fastened together with nails and tar is used to seal the hull and waterproof it.

A raft is held together by rope.

You also conveniently skipped where I made clear I'm referring to the boat killer in the manga. You know the one explained as being able to punch 10cm hole through iron. Because I was under the impression that we're still talking about the holes made from such a fish, not randomly ignoring it because it doesn't fit your take.

I fully agree that you have a lack of reading comprehension, possibly a memory leak too.

The irony of Mr. "Here's how it work in real life" thinking in fantasy term.

You do know real fish with those sort of horns don't actually torpedo into big objects?
But it's implied the fantasy ones do, you should re-read the chapter cause you're clearly not getting it.

A fantasy story also has consistency, everything I've written would still make sense in the setting of the manga because it was implied it does.

If the logs were that much better, why isn't everyone using log rafts? Hell why are the people even bothering with boats if logs rafts are better?

If the logs were supposed to tank hits, then why are the characters involved acting like the logs won't even matter?

No matter how you spin it, you had a bad take, and trying move the goal posts and take my comments out of context isn't going to change that.

But keep going, you've almost, ALMOST shown that you're somehow right

Dex-chan lover
You're the one who tried to rationalize how a raft was supposed to stand up to something that could punch holes in iron

Y'know what, you seem waaaay too invested in this topic at this point.

I made my first post with a 'this is probably what the author try to handwave it with' and YOU decide to 'ackshually'

I should've just ignore you to begin with.

If the logs were that much better, why isn't everyone using log rafts? Hell why are the people even bothering with boats if logs rafts are better?

Because boat can hold more stuffs than raft did, duh?

If the logs were supposed to tank hits, then why are the characters involved acting like the logs won't even matter?

For comedy, which apparently you lack the ability to comprehend. Maybe you should stop reading this series if that goes over your head.

Users who are viewing this thread