Isekai Ten'ishita Node Cheat wo Ikashite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Ch. 32.1 - I Decided to Reminisce

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like this chill story, the whole trope of "we have a ranking system, but like it doesn't mean anything yet people judge you from it" is really taking a toll on my patience.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like this chill story, the whole trope of "we have a ranking system, but like it doesn't mean anything yet people judge you from it" is really taking a toll on my patience.
I mean they clearly said that he is clearly abnormal. They most of the time judge him as strange because his strength is clearly above his official rank, which is the sole reason the ranking system doesnt work. I may agree that it is time that they rank him up again, but everything that happened is still something that happened after him joining the guild for maybe 3-4 months by now.

Maybe they increase his rank by letting him skip several ranks or something like that after he proves himself in that town.

Dex-chan lover
Whenever you make a system there will always be someone/something that won’t fit, which will always be a potential source of conflict. Add in that we’re only seeing it from the abnormal’s perspective, and we will of course see a disproportionate amount of it.

Dex-chan lover
If he could uproot it he wouldn't have need to cut it down in the first place
Not necessarily. Weight =/= durability. You can have light but durable material, like carbon fibers, or you can heavy but frail material, like gold. If he could knock it over, he could then more easily destroy it by using an overhead swing. Plus, considering his overhead swings are so powerful, he could just sever a handful of roots and then use a pressure blast to knock over the tree, rendering it susceptible to vertical slashes.

Dex-chan lover
Not necessarily. Weight =/= durability. You can have light but durable material, like carbon fibers, or you can heavy but frail material, like gold. If he could knock it over, he could then more easily destroy it by using an overhead swing. Plus, considering his overhead swings are so powerful, he could just sever a handful of roots and then use a pressure blast to knock over the tree, rendering it susceptible to vertical slashes.
If it were that easy the first swing would have most likely already uprootet it, also it isnt a mangroove tree so sinly severing a bit wont help with the main problem ... the roots underground.
All in all I dont think most suggestions from people here are really appliable and his method also seems faster than the suggested ones and less work than that too.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you quite get the specifics of why I said the thing that I said
The main thing they really just need is to get rid of it
If they can just rip it off from the ground then there's no real need to cut it
It'd just be redundant at that point since they're not even going to use the wood in the first place

Dex-chan lover
I mean they clearly said that he is clearly abnormal. They most of the time judge him as strange because his strength is clearly above his official rank, which is the sole reason the ranking system doesnt work. I may agree that it is time that they rank him up again, but everything that happened is still something that happened after him joining the guild for maybe 3-4 months by now.

Maybe they increase his rank by letting him skip several ranks or something like that after he proves himself in that town.
My issue is that their system is purposely made for him to be abnormal.
it's a system where your strenght has no bearing on your ranking, just how long you've been part of the guild basically.
yet people disregard that aspect and judge him as if the ranking meant the strenght of the individual.
And that's what's annoying me cause it's like that in every other isekai and it's annoying.
Just make your ranking an elo based one for example, and then you'll be able to think "oh rank 1 is super strong cause he's defeated big things" instead of "oh rank 1 is super strong... cause he's the oldest guy around...?" :D

Dex-chan lover
My issue is that their system is purposely made for him to be abnormal.
it's a system where your strenght has no bearing on your ranking, just how long you've been part of the guild basically.
yet people disregard that aspect and judge him as if the ranking meant the strenght of the individual.
And that's what's annoying me cause it's like that in every other isekai and it's annoying.
Just make your ranking an elo based one for example, and then you'll be able to think "oh rank 1 is super strong cause he's defeated big things" instead of "oh rank 1 is super strong... cause he's the oldest guy around...?" :D
I think you gravely misunderstand why he isnt ranked up because of the time and all the stuff around it. Ranking is not just the strength of an individual. Sure it is still extremely important but its also a form of sign of "trust". Having a higher rank proves that they can reliable do their requests (of the specific rank) and all the stuff.

I think he could rank up if he simply would ask the guild about it.
He has a small track record but its only a few bandits and mostly kills he doesnt want to spread that much. ALSO if he ranks up without a sufficient track record others could doubt it and all which would cause more trouble.
We dont even know the specifics of ranking up yet and if skipping multiple ranks is possible or if he needs to take some sort of test etc.

Users who are viewing this thread