Isekai Tensei de Kenja ni Natte Boukensha Seikatsu ~[Mahou Kairyou] de Isekai Saikyou~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
A hot receptionist appears and MC got trust issues. 😂

@Nep
Yup rabbits are op! See why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOdAT6H94s

being sage = no freedom

hmmm, make sense if the world is fucked up where a war can be happen anytime.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, this wolf looks a lot like a rabbit, and this rabbit looks a lot like a wolf. 🤨

Dex-chan lover
> Its a new experience when a guild onee-san the first time you meet her, you are welcome by her but*, and not by her face...

> The onee-san guild receptionist trick to sell you something is to show her but* to you, so you can not imagine anything other than that...

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
Not really, I prefer someone who is confident and cocky rather than a pussy.

Take Arnos from Misfit of Demon Academy, dude's a total Chad and doesnt shy away from showing all his power.

Mc's who hide their strength rather than be proud of it are pathetic in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
So he tried to hide his powers, but instead of making people believe he can only use one element... He claims he can use almost ALL of them.

"Oh i'm not OP! I'm just really close to being OP!"

"Oh my power level is NOT over 9000! It's only 8999."

And they bought his stupid lie. They were disappointed, like that in itself isn't a big deal.

That's just stupid. The characters are so fucking dumb.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@AFresherPerspective Blandness aside, I am not really talking about preference here. Its more about "What can you do with these guys."

If you have an OP guy who is not shy of being OP, then for any "story", you need an "OP" opponent. Bigwigs basically, aside from starter villains. Not only does this become a scaling issue like Dragon Ball (Wuxia stories can end up with planets exploding battles. Yes. Plural). Everything basically ends up with violence... of the explosive variety and very VERY stupid villains. Like beyond braindead levels of stupid. Its why you have "Random aliens attacking Earth". Its because "Earth" literally ran out of opponents and Goku learning driving or Saitama doing supermarket is worth less than 1 episode.

Arnos for one is just a cocky dude with every BS spell under his book. He gets two waifus who is pretty much sidelined in favor of his opponents after their respective arcs. All their characteristics pretty much went down the drain and they become something like generic "Elite Mooks" where said "Mooks" are one of Arnos obnoxious singing fangirls. No matter how much you like Arnos or his series, Arnos is pretty much the main reason his series is well... BAD (looking through the comments I also see several people say "It's so bad its good"/ "Golden trash"/ etc. That's definitely not a compliment from someone who LIKES the thing. So I can claim from a relatively neutral standpoint that its "bad" even to people that like it.)

Now I am not saying that writing a good story with such characters is impossible or that the reverse is will definitely be good. However, the moment you put an OP cocky guy as a main protagonist, the flexibility of the plot is pretty much gone, making the story that much harder to write well.

If he pretty much know(predict) that he can light up all the balls why he still doing it ... you can't blindly show it if you want to hide it
well eventually i guess he will use all 6 attributes whether he hide it or not in like ... next chapter?

I think having an OP MC can work decent for slice of life type stories. It's a bit stupid, but the stupidity of it all is sorta the appeal.

Dex-chan lover
The reason why he can read the local language has nothing to do with any isekai transferring shenanigans. The local written language is English, just with a funky font. Not only do most people in Japan have some education in English, but the MC is a teacher. He's well educated, and has to deal with reading his student's crappy handwriting all the time.

Seriously. Look at the writing again. The letters are a bit mangled, like the stem on the 'b' being in the middle instead of on the left, or the 'r' being on its side, but most of the letters are still pretty readable once you recognise them in context. For example, the tops of the quest requests say 'subjugation'.

Users who are viewing this thread