Isekai Tensei... Sareteneee!

Dex-chan lover
Kinda reminds me of hero who returned to the modern world still remains the strongest and my class got summoned to another world but I got left behind

Super interesting, cant wait for what happens next!!
Code:
[spoiler]what
[spoiler]do
[spoiler]you
[spoiler]think
[spoiler]will
[spoiler]happen?
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

This will probably get interesting but I can't help but feel we might be missing some pages. I actually went back to re-read the first chapter to check if I missed something but that wasn't the case.
After getting past the cookie cutter isekai opening and the morgue twist - come page 10 and the reader is informed our protagonist fought some thugs which we didn't get to see. The only thing we know at this point is that our protagonist is an otaku and he has a "cheat"; nevermind any delinquent or martial art background, we don't even get to hear the protagonist lament on the event that supposedly took place until a new encounter with different(?) thugs happens.

So far the rest of the chapters available as of this post have been consistent so it might have been an oversight but it does get me worried since the quality of the illustrations has been rather good for what this is.

Double-page supporter
If you find this "interesting," then may I introduce you to paint? All you have to do is slather it on a wall and watch it dry! You'll be entertained for weeks! Only $10.99!

@Turkeyjerkey
Nah no need for paint, just take a white piece of paper and look at it. At least 2 times more interesting than this

I don't mind the art style, but with such short chapters, nothing flows well together. The last half of chapter 3 and all of chapter 4 should have been a single chapter.
I wasn't too happy watching a paper bird survive having fireballs thrown at it for 19 pages (the entirety of chapter 4 and the last handful of pages of chapter 3).

I think the point of chapter 4 was to establish the temperament of the bad guy, but it didn't do that very well. I wasted my time reading chapter 4, and I'm sorry to the translation team who had to waste their time translating it.

Edit: Chapter 5 was just released. The entire chapter was the same as chapter 4. This brings us to about 35 consecutive pages spread across 3 chapters where it's nothing but a bad guy trying to destroy a paper bird that was accidentally created by the MC on a whim. Maybe the bird and the bad guy are important later in the story. As of chapter 5, neither the bird nor the bad guy are established characters, so I have no reason to care about them, let alone care about them for nearly 3 whole chapters.

This brought me some good memories from late 90 a d early 2000, this drawings style is so nostalgic

This is like that isekai where mc returns after defeating demon lord and he keeps his powers. Then the shrine girl tries to kill him but hes dense asf to notice and adds her to his harem instead

Double-page supporter
Plenty good so far, if the author could balance the soon to be rom com this might be better than that isekai where the MC goes back to the world with his power.

Dex-chan lover
Is this an LN that got adapted? Since the chapter art is pretty different from what’s on display on this page. Feels old school.

@Lepper: That kind of trope crops up quite a bit in these OP protagonist LNs; MC casually does something, random antagonist treats it like a serious threat and goes crazy over it, surrounding minions in awe of the antagonist while we readers see how silly it is that they’re overexerting themselves over something that doesn’t even bother the MC.

Personally, not so much a fan of this trope. This kind of thing was what gradually turned me away from these OP MC-type stories. Plus, with the translation from text to images (I’m still assuming this story is based off of a novel), you can really see how it drags on.

Cheat, reincarnated, typical mc hair, good personality. Dont wanna say that its not interesting, but the fact that other manga exist with the same plot like this is... at least try making him have a mature personality or something, and add a twist rather than your typical shit.

Ita to bad that so many mangas these days take the isekai cheat route for a lazy story start. This manga didkt need that.
Could just have been that the old man was some kind of mage and transferaed his power in his last seconds of life.
Why go isekai when you dont have too?
It just feels lazy.

Art is not bad. Pacing is insane. I hope the artist can find a good author someday.

Users who are viewing this thread