Isekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 2.2

Dex-chan lover
65m8pv.png

That knife would be terrible for chopping or mincing and it looks to thick to work as a boning knife. With how he's cutting he'd just be banging his hand against the board the entire time. I could see it working for skinning or breaking down a carcass but that's about it. If he keeps this up he's going to hurt himself. God, why am I letting this get to me so much?
So which one comes first: Umami, mayonnaise, soy, rice?
My money is on rice then soy beans then soy sauce, not sure after that.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, I did forget "wild yeast bread" 'cause sourdough isn't a thing in Isekai.
isn't umami a taste/'earthiness' versus a specific type of ingredient/dish?
Its tropes for foodie stuff. Japanese invented umami so everything in japfiction must be umami this umami that! Thousand folded flavours!
-some editor responsible for isekai food series.
My money is on rice then soy beans then soy sauce, not sure after that.
And ofc no one has ever heard of rice or knows it is edible beyond animal fodder etc

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for the upload 🙏

Also I think the speech bubble on page 6 is mixed up (between the boy and the girl)

Dex-chan lover
So which one comes first: Umami, mayonnaise, soy, rice?
Umami was already in the mushroom soup, which would already be an umami bomb. The fact they didn't highlight that means that either (A) they're not going to focus on umami in this series, or (B) the author is ignorant as to what creates umami and thus didn't realize the mushroom soup would have been an umami bomb.

Dex-chan lover
2 things that could be important to some people reading this.
There's a webnovel, and according to novelupdates translation is up to parution (145 chaps for now, it's ongoing).
It's not mentioned on mangadex, but it's harem. Yes, the characters are about 6 years old (for the girls) while mc is about 20 mental age)

Dex-chan lover
2 things that could be important to some people reading this.
There's a webnovel, and according to novelupdates translation is up to parution (145 chaps for now, it's ongoing).
It's not mentioned on mangadex, but it's harem. Yes, the characters are about 6 years old (for the girls) while mc is about 20 mental age)
Series that begins with toddler mc:
expectation: ah they'll grow up during essentially prologue and we'll follow their teen and early adulthood adventurers
reality: 1 day of in-series time per chapter at most.

Also the adultminded protagonists start to annoy me, especially if their childhood arc is overly long. Very rarely do they develop as characters while growing up, so why even bother? Besides, you are running adult.os, but you have child wetfare. That brain ain't developed and it should show up.
But nah, baby protagonist, but adult stories.

Users who are viewing this thread