Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Ch. 64 - In Purgatory

Dex-chan lover
"Uh, Digby, what's that weapon you've got there"
"I have a flammenwerfer, with which I shall werf flammen"

Dex-chan lover
@InsaneInsomniac
The flamethrower itself probably is greek fire. As for the reaction with water, it was often said that greek fire won't snuff and would become stronger when doused with water. The reason is the existence of sulphur and quicklime. Sulphur reduces the temperature to ignite the mixture. Lime reacts explosively with water, in the presence of sulphur it makes a much bigger burst. In this case it could've vaporized the remaining water, which spreads the oil around it making a wider flame instead of a single stream.

Of course, Ai-chan could be wrong. This is just a speculation.

was looking forward to a cavalry rush against trenches. that did not occur however they gave us flamethrowers

There ain't no Geneva Convention here to prevent the use of flamethrowers!

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth
I'd argue that the most powerful weapon Balud has is ingenuity. Can't counter an attack you didn't see.
But you're right. The enemy does analyze the tactic and makes an effective defense once they understand the fire isn't magical. Most of their panic is from the fact that the flames don't disappear when "Magic Cancel" is used and are just as strong at 20 meters as they are at 5 meters. Projectile magic is supposed to drop in potency the further it travels.

=== BAD NEWS AHEAD ===
There will be no March 2021 chapter. The team will be focusing on releasing Volume 8 of the manga. Source
Next raw chapter is April 1, 2021. Set your calendars.

Fed-Kun's army
lol i was half expecting a mine field there but i guess either he doesn't know how or the tech is just not there yet.....or he just thought it would be troublesome to clean up later
but yeah....screw war ethics lol

omg
That was Greek Fire, right??

"nani?! i can't cancel the fire magic."
"lemme try with waterball magic. "

It make me realize that Technology can be superior than Magic

I mean, how can you extinguish chemical fire anyway??
Its like Wildfire in Game of Throne universe

It burn you, even burn your ash

Dex-chan lover
War is hell, but if I had to pick which hell I fought in I'd rather take siege warfare over trench warfare. No mustard gas for me please, too spicy.

Greek Fire, right? A precursor to the modern flamethrower that was banned by the Geneva Suggestion, right?

Dex-chan lover
I KNEW IT
fukken flammenwerfers
making the enemy salty since 1901

Users who are viewing this thread