Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 13 Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
I hope they don't drag out this obvious plot point of Bard's mom being Marguerite. Why she would change her name to Maggot of all things is beyond me, but this will get tedious if it's drawn out too long.

Fed-Kun's army
i dont know if the manga change this. But in the novel,
- when Northland prince, Gustav, ask about Marguerite. He ask about Marguerite the "Trystovy princess", not "a fearless". all infomation he have about her is what is said by the "Dukedom" crown prince, not Maggot

- also "fierce as a torpedo attack" -> "fierce as a thunder". i dont think torpedo exist in that world

Dex-chan lover
I hope they don't drag out this obvious plot point of Bard's mom being Marguerite. Why she would change her name to Maggot of all things is beyond me, but this will get tedious if it's drawn out too long.
Should have spoilered that but well...
She uses that name because the name marguerite is tracable, but the second and biggest reason is her father was a scumbag and because marguerite is a mix blood between beastman and human, half the continent considers her a abombination, she took the term maggot because of a inferiority complex over the people who died protecting her.
As for why no one noticed the mc's grandma was a beastman, it's because they are inheritors of the "beast gate", basically the power of the beast god and are essentially decendants and chosen of their god to be the king of beasts, making baird the prophecied beast king that would build a kingdom for the beastmen tribe once more, but the reason why baird and as we'll soon learn his great grandmother look human, is because the inheritors of the beast gate and thus the beast king look indistinguishable from humans, even purebloods.

Dex-chan lover
She uses that name because the name marguerite is tracable, but the second and biggest reason is her father was a scumbag and because marguerite is a mix blood between beastman and human, half the continent considers her a abombination, she took the term maggot because of a inferiority complex over the people who died protecting her.
As for why no one noticed the mc's grandma was a beastman, it's because they are inheritors of the "beast gate", basically the power of the beast god and are essentially decendants and chosen of their god to be the king of beasts, making baird the prophecied beast king that would build a kingdom for the beastmen tribe once more, but the reason why baird and as we'll soon learn his great grandmother look human, is because the inheritors of the beast gate and thus the beast king look indistinguishable from humans, even purebloods.
If you haven't read the novelsI would stop reading the spoiler it's such a great reveal.

Dex-chan lover
This has actually hyped me up for the upcoming chapters. I really was hoping that the obvious foreshadowing was true and that principality cuck would have the wind knocked out of his sails since Bauld and Silk getting together would resolve that issue.

Dex-chan lover
Wowowo Her father did nothing wrong... well he was weak as hell but he didn't know what was happening until it was too late

Also how the hell does a name goes from Gina to Xena o_O ??? (I mean it's not like Japanese is easy but on this one the pronunciation is pretty explicit on the DJI-NA)

Hälsing ? Helsing wasn't enough ?

tanks for the food anyway

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Its been a while since I've read the novel but Bard's mom will explain why she calls herself Maggot and not a regular name.

Dex-chan lover
Wowowo Her father did nothing wrong... well he was weak as hell but he didn't know what was happening until it was too late

Also how the hell does a name goes from Gina to Xena o_O ??? (I mean it's not like Japanese is easy but on this one the pronunciation is pretty explicit on the DJI-NA)

Hälsing ? Helsing wasn't enough ?

tanks for the food anyway
I might be misremembering
the father being a scumbag, but he did essentially let the mother die and what overall became all of maggot's shadows and pain happen, so i still feel little sympathy for him, but to each his own.

Dex-chan lover
Of course it comes down to a fight. Hope it won't take long.

Dex-chan lover
I might be misremembering
the father being a scumbag, but he did essentially let the mother die and what overall became all of maggot's shadows and pain happen, so i still feel little sympathy for him, but to each his own.

Well it seems that as a king he had almost no political power left whatsoever since his wife, at the time, did whatever she wanted in the inner palace, her family was also responsible for the loss of stability of the country since her father was the one that plotted against Maggot grandfather (which is ultimately the reason the kingdom fell)
Although he did love his child and her mother since he did whatever he could to hide her escape

Contributor
Maybe it's because she's a Warrior Princess?

Returnofcallisto_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread