Isekai Trip Shita Sono Bade Taberare Chaimashita - Ch. 1

Why💞💞💞💕💕 his face remind me of Usui Takumi from Kaichou Wa Maid sama💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞!!!!!!!!!

Well, she is really chill about all of this. Sleeping with a ikemen, traveling to another world, just everyday stuff you know!

Dex-chan lover
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu
The dude technically forced her into it...

EDIT: Appearing in a different area/world all of a sudden and a dude she doesn't know doesn't listen to her and forces her to have sex.... it's not really consent.........

@GruntZone360 "His face is scary, but his hands are... gentle? Ah, geez... It may be good to be swept away like this... (He's my type)" This was what Minakami said at the end of Chapter 0.

I'm usually the type to call out rape when I see it in manga and anime, but even I can see that there was clear consent here.
Yeah, she was freaking out when she found herself naked in a stranger's bed and said stranger started going down on her, but she went with it anyway.
Hell, even when Grace realized that what he did could be considered rape, she made it her point to clarify that she did consent to sleep with him.
Women are allowed be spontaneous with sex, ya know.

Double-page supporter
Reading this, I felt uncomfortable(and clearly I'm not completely alone) and I think I've pieced together why I do. Honestly, the framing of this was kind of unfortunate. Rapists often use the excuse of "she wanted it" to justify their rape. This could be interpreted as a retelling of this myth. Change one detail and this story, presumably, becomes a story of a woman settling down with her rapist. Now, I'm not going to say that the author supports this notion because I don't think we can really tell from this single chapter. What I will say is that the proximity to such a horrific story now haunts whatever may come. The author could have made a small change(show her actually consenting) to completely avoid this comparison, but they didn't. Instead, they made a point of consent not being shown and the captain profusely apologizing. I find myself asking, "Why? What can be gained by this particular framing?" The first answer to come to mind is to absolve themselves of some degree of guilt they may feel or to resolve some unsettled personal issues(such as rewriting a rape they suffered to empower themselves). Is this definitely the case? Certainly not, but it is really unfortunate that one could reasonably imply this.

Now to wait for the @s telling me I'm crazy. 'S' isn't a user I can @, right?

Damn , I’m usually very clear with myself with what is considered rape and I don’t condone rape in the slightest,
but the way the protagonist Didn’t deny his advances makes me think maybe it’s not rape, but she didn’t exactly give any concrete consent either.
If she said no, then I think the ML wouldn’t have proceeded, but the thing is she didn’t.
But by the fact that she didn’t say a concrete Yes, I couldn’t say she exactly consented either.

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu
@Despada
I do understand what you guys are saying but It's just my opinion/the way I viewed the scene.... considering the scenario she couldn't refuse him in the first place.... and........ went along with it :eek: idk how to explain myself any better than that other than saying she wasn't in her right of mind.....

EDIT: Other than that I don't like the whole trope like character 'good girl' act going on.... but we'll see how it plays out in further chapters if/when they get translated

@Sparrow75
+1 Perfectly explains what everyone is thinking for the most part

This is fucking hilarious, yall' talking about rape like this isn't fiction need to cease the calamity that is your mammaries. I mean, how many people get transported into another world through their bathtub and get banged by Hotstuff McRoyalpants? Yall' need to go back to your middleschool shoujos, children read children's books after all. (jkjkjk)

It's an uncomfortable story, I get that much, but only if you're focusing on the idea of rape and sexual misconduct to begin with. If you look at it in an "Oops, I accidentally had sex" sort of way, you can draw the intended comedy from it. The writer isn't afraid to write a story with explicitly mature themes and, in a way, that garners a certain kind of respect from the right reader. Certainly the people here wouldn't react in the same way the character would, but we are not the character.

(The 4 people above this are cool beanz)

Double-page supporter
No problem she can now be a NEET and do no more job and have a sexy husbando.

Dex-chan lover
I kind like that she's so chill about this whole -transported into another world and slept with an unknown handsome man- XDDD You don't really see this kind of attitude often in japanese mangas/novels XD

I mean she saw a hot man and went for it. Nothing wrong with that. She wasn’t unwilling as far as the text and art showed. Mainly just confused. If the genders were reversed we wouldn’t care, and we wouldn’t read it cause it would probably be another boring isekai harem.

Users who are viewing this thread