Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - Vol. 10 Ch. 52 - Episode 52

Yo, God's here. I swear by Me i'm not lying, come on, for the sake of Myself!

Fed-Kun's army
See, if God was really like this (all casual and chill like a neighborhood grandpa and not an all-ruler) and not the wrath-bringer that our religions like to depict him as, I'd be devout that same day.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze plus visited once a damn while for guidance.

Atheist here. If there IS a god, it means they're an entity, and thus only beyond our comprehension, but still something independent, only far more powerful than our small existences. And as such I would really like to just have a pint with 'em.

Dex-chan lover
I like this God. he's so casual. like chatting with an old friend.

meanwhile at the Abrahamaic God corner....

Dex-chan lover
If gods were like that IRL, we'd have a lot easier time with religious disputes.

Oh sure they get the Chill AF God that can pop in whenever there's doubt. Meanwhile we get stuck with horrors from beyond that care not if you're good or bad.

4c54fb07569bc10ef60fbeaf766c7af7-lovecraft-cthulhu-hp-lovecraft.jpg

@TwilightFaze
The way I see it is simple, look at religion, all religions that have a singular god and an afterlife
they all do a few things
1) end non believers
2) make killing yourself a punishable crime
3) make virtuous living and suffering things that benefit you in the next life.

the religions we have are all man made, as every one seems to really benefit those in power or those who can control it.

I am an atheist, I see no god, and feel no presence of god in this world, see children with cancer, birth defects, just problems you have beyond your control as a primary factor. but lets say there is a god, I take futurama's approach to it, if they are doing their job right, its like they never did their job at all. creating the world and then just effing off and letting whatever happens happens is about the one thing that makes the most sense as we know the world currently.

It is a fun way to deal with religion.
"Oh, your god? Nope. Never met him. Here's mine though. Feel free to ask him questions"
God"Hi!".

This is fun.

@alidan: Wikipedia lists at least a dozen monotheistic religions. Have you checked every single one? For example, "ending non believers" is not a part of christian tenets, despite crusades and so on.

Regarding children and so on.... this fall under "problem of evil". "If there's a good god, why there's evil". Evil can also be replaced with "suffering", and the problem won't change much. The problem originates from Epicurus and effectively disproves existence of any god that is omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent and good. However, the problem here is Problem of Evil cannot disprove existence of malevolent and indifferent deities.

Which means you cannot prove that the world wasn't made by Satan. Or that there isn't some indifferent cosmic entity that made the world to smash galaxies together and doesn't care about humanity at all.

Aggregator gang
A cat is a monster to a canary. I think this saying can be apply to Gods and humans too.

Users who are viewing this thread